Problem Adding Album to Library

Roon Core Machine

Intel machine with 64 gb RAM and Windows 10

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ethernet with generic switch

Connected Audio Devices

From windows machine as nucleus via ethernet to an ifi ZEN Streamer bridge then via USB directly to a Cayin CS-55 integrated tube integrated amplifier.

Number of Tracks in Library

only streaming from Qobuz, 338 albums on library list.

Description of Issue

Quite often, when I press the “+” button to add an album to my library I see a wheel spinning all the time where the “+” button is and the albums is not added. I have to restart the control app to make it work again.

This problems occurs regardless if I am using the iPhone or the iPad app.
It also occurs when using the Mac app from an MacBook Air.

thanks in advance,
Sergio.

Hey Sergio,

Could you check if the same behaviour can be observed on your core? Meaning if you try to add album on your intel machine with Windows 10, can you do that normally?

It seems to me some connection issue between your core and remote, i would check your network settings to start from.

Roon Core Machine

Intel machine with 64 gb RAM and Windows 10

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ethernet with generic switch

Connected Audio Devices

From windows machine as nucleus via ethernet to an ifi ZEN Streamer bridge then via USB directly to a Cayin CS-55 integrated tube integrated amplifier.

Number of Tracks in Library

only streaming from Qobuz, 338 albums on library list.

Description of Issue

When I try to change volume via the fine tuning buttons (+/-) the volume reverts to 0 many times. This does not happen when I use the volume slider.

This problems occurs regardless if I am using the iPhone or the iPad app.
It also occurs when using the Mac app from an MacBook Air connected to the same network via ethernet.

thanks in advance,
Sergio.

I also moved this one here

Hi Yahoan,

I have tried what you suggested. The problem adding albums has disappear but the volume one persists. I have chequed my network and everythign seems fine.

Also, streaming from spotify, or tidal to the ifi Zen Streamer from computers or ipad does not have this problem. Could there be an issue with Roon/Zen Streamer fine tuning volume controls?

Thanks.

Hi Sergio,

I’m not aware of any compatibility issue with ifi zen streamer, but i’ll bring in reinforcement to confirm.

Thanks. It’ a really strange behavior…

Hey @Sergio_Baiget_Arriol,

The first issue you experienced, albums not being added to your Roon library, is typically caused by brief network errors or unresponsiveness on the customer side. It can also be a delay in connection between your Core and our servers. It happens to me at times as well. When this occurs first try closing the app on the Remote you’re using, then relaunch. Many time that will cure it; if it doesn’t, a restart of your Core will correct it.

On your audio issue, can you share a screenshot of your Device setup for the iFi Zen/Cayin CS-55? I’d be happy to help figure that out. Cool amp by the way! How does it sound?

Hi Jamie, thanks for your help.

The tube amp sounds warm and nice :wink:

OK with the album problem, it happens only once in a while.

The volume issue is more persistent and anoying, Sending you the screenshots,

Thanks again, Sergio,

Hi Jamie,

Any news about the volume control problem? Thanks.

Are these the settings for the iFi USB Zone? From the screenshot, it looks like it could be a different device. Can you check your Volume control settings to see if DSP Volume is available? If you change to that do your plug minus controls work?

Hi Jamie,

Just to let you know, with the last iFi firmware update the ZEN Streamer has become ROON Ready and the volume control problems have completely disappeared, so it seems it was a software problem.

Thanks,
Sergio.

Thank you for the update! I’m very happy to hear that your issue has been resolved. Happy listening! :loud_sound:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.