Problem Importing first time to nucleus

(Edward Patrowicz) #1

Attempted copying music files from external drive connected to my MacBook. Dragged and dropped 345 folders to folder named “Internal Storage” on nucleus. Stopped importing after 15GB… I have a 2TB drive installed in the NUC. Did I not copy to the 2TB? Not sure what happened here.

(simon arnold) #2

You need to copy to the folder called music that should be in the storage directory. I take it you formatted the drive via the UI and followed the instructions on how to add the drive? Also you really should try and have a hardwire connection for both whilst transferring to ensure its speedier and less prone to wireless issues.

(Edward Patrowicz) #3

yes i formatted weeks ago. I do not see a folder named music. Should I trash the files in “Internal Storage” and begin again? Do you know if I did transfer to the 2TB internal drive? as I said, I got a “disk full” after 15GB.

(simon arnold) #4

No you transfered it to the locale M2 drive if you just copied them to storage so yes delete them it can break it. In storage there should be a folder to your other drive it’s likely a funny long name and within their should by the music directory. This is how my ROCK works so I imagine its the same.

(simon arnold) #5

Looking at the nucleus KB it says this

Copying Music to the Drive

You can copy music to this drive by visiting the network share:

From a Windows PC

\\NUCLEUS\Data\Storage\InternalStorage

From a Mac

smb://NUCLEUS/Data/Storage/InternalStorage

Be sure to replace NUCLEUS with NUCLEUSPLUS if you have a Nucleus+

(Geoff Coupe) #6

When you’re copying a large number of folders across to the Internal Storage folder in a Nucleus, then it’s usually a good idea to stop the Core while the copying is being done (using the web UI admin page for the Nucleus).

I assume that the web admin page does show that you have a 2TB drive for internal storage available? It could be that you are the victim of a scam, like this unfortunate person:

(Edward Patrowicz) #7

Thank you all for your help. I feel I have to start from square one.