Problem with artist & track information on Roon Radio with Roon 1.7

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC8i5BEH/Roon app on Windows 10\Linn KLimax DS/1/Synology 216+ local NAS & Tidal Masters. Roon 1.7, build 505.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Sky Q Hub router/Cisco 2960 switches/Cat6 ethernet connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn Klimax DS/1 (ethernet connection to both Klimax and NUC via a Cisco 2960 switch)

Description Of Issue

Problem occurs with Roon Radio (post 1.7 upgrade only). When moving from current album to Roon Radio track selection, details of the track being played are not available - the screen is blank. I posted details of this problem earlier, and had hoped that build 505 would resolve the problem. Unfortunately, it has not - the problem is still present. See the following screenshots:

and

No artist artwork and no album/track details available on the ‘details’ page for the current Roon Radio selection (Grit Laskin - “It’s not the life for me”). This problem occurred at 11:45 (AM) - UK zone.

Edit: Same problem occurs with the next Roon Radio selection (Annie Gallup - “1917”) - 11:55 UK.

This problem makes it difficult to add Roon Radio selections to my Roon Library.

Edit 2 However the next selection displays information and artwork correctly:

and here is the ‘details screen’ for this particular selection:

11:58 - UK

Hi @hmack,

Does this happen every single time that Radio is started, or only for some content?

Hi Dylan,

This does not happen for all content - I would guess that it happens for at least half of the selections.

This morning, details were missing for 2 tracks, then OK for 1 track then missing again for the next two selections. There doesn’t appear to be any pattern because I have had 4 or 5 in a row that were ok at one point yesterday. I have also had 4 or 5 in a row that had completely blank pages. I have also had on at least one occasion - artwork only presented with no details.

I have just switched on Roon Radio again. The first couple of tracks this time were ok, but the third is displaying artwork only: See screenshots for the 3rd selection:

and

and the next couple of selections are ok again, but the problem occurs again with the next (Jimmy Carpenter - “Can’t let go” at 12:45 uk_).

and

I also have a 2nd system on which I use an iPad air as my Roon control device and a sonore microRendu/Mytek Brooklyn+ DAC. I haven’t used this system much since the Roon 1.7 upgrade but have just tried it out.

I am having similar Roon radio issues, and on this platform I am also getting intermittent connection problems to the control app on my iPad which are resolved by shutting down and restarting the Roon app.

Hi @hmack,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hi Dylan,

@noris

Thanks for this. I have been playing Roon Radio for quite some time today & have experienced quite a lot of identical issues today although I have not been monitoring tracks continuously.

Here are a number of (consecutive) problem artist/track details occurrences on Roon Radio sometime between 12 noon and 13:45 pm (UK time):

Soulfood, DJ Free - “Ancestral Moon” - Blank details page (no artwork or track/album details)
David Arkenstone, Kathleen Fisher - “Caribbean Blues” - Blank details page
George Skoroulis - “The fire within” - Blank details page

Then between 14:45 and 15:100:

Sonny Moorman - “Key to the Highway” - Blank details page
Too Slim & the Taildraggers - “My Body” - Artwork only on the details page
Big Apple Blues - “I-278 Grind” - blank details page.

Currently playing Magic Red - “Better days” - displaying both artwork and artist/track information correctly (15:07 - uk time)