Problem with DAC sample rate [Solved]

Hi guys

Roon rookie here. I’m actually still on the trial so I’m learning my way with Roon still. I have to say firstly that I absolutely love the product and I’m likely going to subscribe but then this issue popped up which has left me scratching my head…when I first installed Roon and set everything up it worked flawlessly and was doing everything I could have hoped for. Then something happened and now it will only output at two sample rates…44.1 and 48KHz. Before hand it would output at the file’s sample rate whatever that including dsd files and that would be reflected in the DACs display. I have even rebuilt my computer to see if that would help but to no avail, the output won’t even allow for dsd playback although it will play back dsd files but as pcm only.

My setup is Roon version 1.5 build 323 on a MacBook Pro laptop outputting to a Pioneer N50a in USB DAC mode.

Like I said, it was all working beautifully then stopped for some reason and now I can’t get it back again to that level. Please help! :slight_smile:

Best regards

HarryM

Hi Guys

I solved this myself…how stupid am I!!! I had my DAC plugged into a USB hub, albeit a powered one but still…quick look in the user manual says it doesn’t support a USB hub of any kind…d’oh!!! Sorry about that all working as expected now :slight_smile:

Best Regards

HarryM

1 Like