Problem with DSD playback on Cocktail Audio X50

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5 OS X Yosemite

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
1st setup > Cocktail Audio X50 > USB cable > T+A DAC 8 DSD (music files stored: Cocktail Audio X50).

2nd setup > Acer notebook ASIO 1.3 > USB cable > T+A DAC 8 DSD (music files stored: Cocktail Audio X50, no connection from Cocktail Audio X50 to the DAC, Cocktail Audio X50 just uses as the source of the files).

Description Of Issue
The problem: for the 1st setup, all DSD files will convert to PCM,

And no DSD option from the setup menu,

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
But when I use the 2nd setup, all DSD files play accordingly,

Acer%20ASIO_T%20A%20DAC%208%20DSD_01%20

And the DSD option can be selected from the setup menu,

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
From the menu of Cocktail Audio, X50 can support DSD file up to DSD256.

I would like to know, with using the 1st device setup , how to play all DSD files without converting them to PCM (ie direct DSD like the 2nd setup). Anyone could help on this issue?

Thanks and regards,
Nay

Hello @Eddie_Wong,

Start by checking the DSD settings on the cocktail Audio X50. This can be found in the Settings > Audio > DSD Signal Type menu. For the T+A DAC 8 DSD, this should be set to DSD (DOP).

-John

Dear John,

After changed the DSD output on Cocktail Audio X50 from “Native” to “DoP”, the problem has solved.
Thank you so much.
Regards,
Nay

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.