Problem with DSD256 media files

Hello again,

Thanks for your answer, but, problem remains with DSD256. I‘ve sent you the screenshots of device settings which works but only with forced downsampling to DSD128. Otherwise, I get audio device is not initialized if I don‘t limit to DSD128 and leave it as disabled (or on DSD256). I don‘t use DSP.
One more thing – how to get screenshots of signal path during downsampling?
My DAC(NorthStar Supremo) is only able to play DSD256 over native DSD method, which is verified thru Foobar2000 by using DSD transcoder plugin and this works flawlessly. It appears that ROON‘s native DSD method in not supported with my DAC because I‘m not able to play DSD at all.
One more question – does ROON supports SACD ISOs?

Best regards,
Dragan

No

Can you explain in details how exactly it fails? Also, to play Native you need to install ASIO driver provided by manufacturer of the device. Basing on the screenshot you already have ASIO driver installed, is it the one you downloaded from here ?

It fails because it cannot play DSD in native mode only in DOP mode thru my DAC. I get error that Audio device is not initialized. Dac device drivers installed are the latest official from the link you mentioned and also ASIO drivers are installed. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to play native DSD(and DSD256) in Foobar2000 which requires ASIO. In Foobar native DSD thru ASIO simply works.

Regards, Dragan

Hi @Dragan_Grasic ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us, the insight is very appreciated. Sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, I am going to be enabling diagnostics on your account so our team can try to get a better sense as to why you are experiencing this issue.

Can you try to do the following:

1. Enable ASIO driver (provided by manufacturer) in Roon > Enable Native Mode > Try to playback DSD content > Let us know the time stamp of your attempt
  2. Restart Roon > Enable DoP Mode > Set ‘Max DSD Sample Rate’ to ‘Disabled’ > Try to playback DSD content (if it is not possible move to the next step) > Let us know the time stamp of your attempt
  3. Restart Roon > Enable DoP Mode > Set ‘Max DSD Sample Rate’ to ‘DSD128’ > Try to playback DSD content > Let us know the time stamp of your attempt

Regards,
Vova