Problem with iPhone as a Remote Control when Core is playing via USB

Hello

I would be very grateful for any advice with the following:

I can use my iPhone as a Roon remote control to pay music via Wi-Fi to my DAC, however, if i want to play music via a USB connection to my DAC (which sounds better) then the iPhone will not work as remote control. It finds the Roon Core on the PC but only operates the Wi-Fi based connection.

My Roon Core runs on a Windows 10 PC and uses XMOS software to link the PC with the DAC (Ayon S-10 Mk 2 Signature (Roon Ready)) via a USB cable.

All components are on the same network.
Firewall is turned off.
I have reinstalled the app on the iPhone
I have restarted everything

Any suggestions please?

Thank you

Do you have the connection enabled in Settings - Audio and does that zone appear in the Zone list as available? Probably a dumb question. I had to look at my setup for USB from NUC to OPPO to remind myself.

Hi @Alex_Hill,

Just to clarify, if you use the PC to control Roon do you see this audio device?

Have you enabled it in Settings > Audio? Can you share a screenshot of what you see here?

Thank you both for your help.
yes the iPhone does appear in settings/audio and is enabled in settings:

screen shot above may work?

screen shot of phone settings:

I have fixed the problem. i needed to switch the zone on my phone. Sorry to have troubled you and thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Alex_Hill,

No troubles at all! Iā€™m glad you were able to get things up and running. Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.