Problem with searching

Hi @support

I am experiencing a weird problem when I use the magnifying glass “general search” box.

Certain searches will cause roon to shut down, for no apparent reason.

So far it has done it with the use of the words “punk” “rolling stones” “stones” and “dave matthews”. It’s enough to make me feel a little apprehensive to use the search box at all, but it’s a little crippling.

It occurs if I hit the enter button after typing the above into the search box.

I am running a VAIO 13 pro laptop with 4gb ram, 18 gb free of a 128gb SSD, the laptop is an i5 device running windows 10.

As this issue is pretty random but consistent, your help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

the weird thing is that

stones does it,
rolling doesnt,
rolling stones does it,
dave doesnt,
matthews doesnt
dave matthews does it

unplugging my hard drive and search within tidal tracks only using the same criteria, does not cause the crash.

Hi @David_Haesler,

Can I get a copy of your log files? Here’s a link with instructions: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Logs

I’m probably also going to want you to run Roon with a special command line flag and send me a file describing what our search index is doing. What operating system are you running your Roon core on? I need to be able to send the correct instructions for command line flags.

Thanks! Hopefully I can clear this up reasonably quickly.

hi @ben and thanks!

i have zipped the logs and uploaded to my googledrive here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByEtC6lB94DTN1hmaG9oN1ZfTkU/view?usp=sharing

let me know if this is ok and the next stage?

cheers!

I have the logs, this actually looks like it’s mostly unrelated to searching as such. I don’t think we need anything else from you, I’ve made a ticket in our system to track this and make sure it gets resolved.

ok

Thanks Ben! Will wait for further news :slight_smile:

Hi Ben

Wondering what turnaround to expect for resolution or feedback on this issue? How would I be contacted? Via this thread, or by email, etc?

Keen to be able to use the search again properly. Crashed using New Order as a search phrase yesterday… am creating labels for the ones I am spotting as a workaround, but it’s not ideal.

Cheers!

Hey David, I just fixed your issue. In the next build you shouldn’t be running into these problems anymore! Sorry for the inconvenience and please let us know if you run into anything else!

@vova

Hi Guys.

Thanks a million.

Now the cheeky question… when do you think you may release the next update :wink: ?

cheers!

@vova

Hi Brian and Vova

the latest 209 build seems to have solved the issue.

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Keybord disappears when searching