Problem with signing into Tidal with Roon

Hi all,

I need some help with a problem I’m experiencing trying to authorise Roon to use my Tidal account. First the details:

Core Machine: Is a Dell Latitude running Windows 10 with these specs Intel Core i3 @ 1.70 GHz + 8GB of ram + 64-bit. The Roon Build is Version 1.7 (build 667) stable 64-bit).

The laptop is connected to my home network via wireless - the router is a TP Link Archer C20.

As an end point, I use a SOtM SMS-200 connected to the router via CAT5 cable and connected to my DAC via USB.

Now, my issue. After successfully configuring Roon and linking it to my Tidal account, it suddenly stopped picking up Tidal. Attempts to log in to Tidal have been unsuccessful. Roon prompts me to login, opens a browser window, where I successfully authenticate. However, this action doesn’t seem to be registering on Roon which continues to give me the message “You aren’t currently signed into TIDAL”. I have tried to log in numerous times with the same result.

Please assist.

Eitan

Sorry for the trouble here, @Eitan_Prince!

What web browser are you using to sign in to TIDAL?

Is there any change if you reboot your Core machine and try again?

Hi @dylan,

I’ve used both Chrome and Edge. Same issue on the both. Rebooting the Roon Core hasn’t helped.

I’ve also tried logging in on my phone as a Roon Remote and I have the same problem.

Eitan

Hi @Eitan_Prince,

Are you able to use the same credentials to login via the TIDAL Web Player (listen.TIDAL.com)?

If yes, I would try to clear the Roon cache on the Core:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Hi there. Thanks for your responses and follow-up questions. After further exploration I discovered it was a firewall issue. I had to completely disable Kaspersky, my anti-virus software, to resolve the issue. This is not ideal and I hope to find a solution that ensures reasonable protection for my PC while not interfering with the functioning of Roon. Anyone have experience of Kaspersky who could advice?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.