Problem with upgrade to 2.0

Roon Core Machine

Mac mini 2023
Ventura 13.2.1 M2 Pro 16G

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear cable modem, Orbi X6000 mesh routers

Connected Audio Devices

Mytek Liberty II DAC (USB), Bryston B17-3 preamp, Pass Labs 30.8 amp, Klipsch Forte IV

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I migrated from an old Mac mini to this new one a few days ago, no issues, all worked fine.

I decided to move up to Roon 2.0 from the 1.8 legacy the previous Mac ran. No issues, downloaded the “all in for Mac OS” from the Roon site, got a message about the database updating, Roon came up and ran perfectly.

Never asked me to sign in, all I had to do was re-enable my DAC.

I restarted my computer, and when I went to start Roon I got the “This version of Roon is not compatible with the database…” message of death.

I re-downloaded the software, it started and ran, then I noticed now there are 2 Roon Icons in my gutter, and one of them still gives me the death message.

If I restart the computer or close the working version of Roon, I must re-download and then it works again?

Are you sure you’re not somehow running two cores and switching back and forth? Is the old Mac Mini shut down?

the old Mac is shut down. I now have two Roon icons, one works, one does not (error message), but in applications it only shows Roon once. Also, anytime I stop using Roon now when I return even if the app has not been closed, I have to turn my DAC off then back on for Roon to find it

STRANGE

Did you use Apple’s migration assistance?

This might explain why it’s now “strange”.

I recommend deleting Roon from your new Mac, check that all instances of it are gone, and then download and re-install Roon 2.0.

Please do make sure you have a recent Roon Database backup… created from your old 1.8 core that can be restored (Roon 2.0 is fine with this).

1 Like

Hey @Michael_Mellen,

Ben here with the support team, thanks for taking the time to write in! It’s great to see you on community again. I wanted to check in and see if you were still running into issues here?

Carl makes a good point here - Roon and Time Machine have a complicated relationship, and we often suggest users to disable it, or setup TM to completely ignore all things Roon.

Please let me know your current status. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.