Problems recognizing CD ripper

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus version 1.0 (build 183); 10.0.0.2

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

• USB CD apple Hyperdrive
  • Verbatim external slimline CD writer usb 2.0

Description Of Issue

Roon Nucleus does not recognize my 2 CD drives: the apple hyperdrive or the verbatim CD writer. I have reset my nucleus but that doesn’t resolve the issue.
I can eject a CD in the drives though.

Hi @Asiong_Jie,

With one of the drives connected can you share a screenshot of the Nucleus Web Administration Interface? Thanks!

Dear Dylan,
see attachment for the screenshot with one of the drives connected, I have no internal storage drive in the nucleus. Are both cd-roppers compatible with the nucleus?
kind regards.
Asiong

Hi @Asiong_Jie,

Do you have a USB storage device added in Roon since you don’t have internal storage? If so, what kind of drive? How is it formatted?

Problem solved, both rippers are recognized,
I did not realize that is was necessary to have usb drive attached, in order to be recognized by the nucleus.
thanks

1 Like

Hi @Asiong_Jie,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.