Problems running Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I am unable to operate Roon through my iPad, it works at this via the laptop.

What can I do to fix this problem?

Hi @james_King1,

Can you provide some additional information about your Core and networking setup?

What is happening on the iPad? Are you seeing errors? Are you just not able to connect to the Core? Can you share a screenshot of what you do see?

Thanks!

Yes, I am using a Naim Superuniti, Roon Nucleus and an iPad.

The screen says: Waiting for remote core, Please check that and at the bottom select a different core.

Roon will operate from my MacBook, but not from my iPad.

This is the second time this has occurred.

Thanks, Jim

Just press “choose another core” on your iPad. IIRC, if you have recently done a restore, you need to do this on all of your remote devices.

GKern,

Thanks. I am not sure what IIRC means.
Also, when I hirt select a different core it states "you won’t be
able to access the music you had before. As for restore
you mean on the iPad?

IIRC = “if I recall correctly”. I recently went through having to re-select my core on all of my remote devices, and I thought it might have been after I restored my database from a back-up, but I could be wrong about what the reason was.

In my case, just pressing “choose another core” resolved the issue, but given you are getting another error message your situation appears to be different. I would wait for Dylan or another member of the support team to get back to you, but in the meantime, it may be helpful to upload a picture of the warning that you get on your iPad.

Hi,

Here is a screen shot that describes the issue

Reply with the information asked for such as network equipment manufacturer and models.

Sorry, I thought I had done this. Naim Superuniti, Roon nucleus,
iPad. Do you need anything else?

The network equipment means the box that the internet comes in to. A modem/router.

Ah, I am using a modem/router from Century Link and it is wireless. It works via the
computer but not with the iPad

Hi @james_King1,

Can you please try to click on the “Select a different Core” button and see if the Nucleus appears on that list? You can switch between Cores as often as you’d like and the Roon database lives on the Nucleus.

Is there anything in particular you did on the iPad before this issue occurred? Did you recently try to connect the iPad to a different Core?

Once I click on select a different core button the screen
says: If you select a different core, yo won’t be able to
access the music you had before, is this what you what
yes or no. My concern is clicking yes and losing my music.

As for the iPad, I am not sure, I might have

Hi @james_King1,

Please press Yes and select the Nucleus from the list.

You are just specifying a different Core here, this is letting you know in case you had previously associated another Core.

Thanks. I tried this and it is now stuck on finding Roon core.
Not sure what to do next

Hi @james_King1,

On your iPad, can you please navigate to System Settings (not in Roon) -> WiFi -> “i button” next to currently connected WiFi -> Post a screenshot of what you see there?

Then can you please share a screenshot of your Nucleus Web UI? It should look similar to this for reference:

You can also try to uninstall and re-install the Roon app on the iPad from the App store as an additional troubleshooting step.

Good news! The uninstall/re-install worked. Thanks to your
kind assistance my system is working. Cheers, Jim

1 Like

Hi @james_King1,

Happy to hear that the app reinstall sorted the issue out!
If you have any further difficulties with Roon, please just let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.