Problems with a New Roon Installation

I’m getting this problem right now, trying to get it running to demo at a show. I get “Unexpected Error: Unexpected Error” trying to log into Tidal within Roon. Logging in to Tidal directly is fine.

Hi Kevin,

Try shutting down Roon (or Roon Server) core and restarting.

If that doesn’t work, try clearing your Tidal cache.

Let us know if that works.

Cheers, Greg

Greg: Thank you, but Roon was never successfully installed on this PC. I can’t even get Roon to fully install, as the “Jump start your library page” has some sort of problem that isn’t letting it show any way to get past or out of the page other than shutting down Roon.

Hi Kevin,

So, you’re not seeing an “Add Albums to My Tidal Library” button at the bottom of the page or the “No Thanks” next to it?

If not, try and install and and bypass the Tidal login and do it later within the software. That way we can see if we can at least get the software installed.

@Eric
Cheers, Greg

Greg,

Thank you. As it turned out, his ancient computer was set to 125% display, so that was just cut off. We still get the Tidal sign in error, but it signed-in anyway.

Do you know of an FAQ that tells how to access a library residing on a Mac from a PC?

Hi Kevin,

Good to hear it installed.

Here’s the new Roon User Guide.

Here’s what you’re interested in. Controlling Roon Remotely.

Essentially, download and install the Roon software on the remote computer and when it asks, select Run as Remote. It will then look for your Core and connect.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Greg

Greg,

roon is running on the PC, but it never gives the choice of remote or core. The core, which is the Mac, sees the outputs on the PC, which I have enabled on both the Mac and the PC. But when I choose those outputs, it get an error message: Transport: Device in Use.

I forced the PC to use the Mac as a core, but when I try to play from the Mac (core), I still get the error message saying “Transport: Device is in use.”

Hi Kevin,

I’m confused when you say you forced the PC to use the MAC as a core. Did Roon on the PC see the Core (on the MAC) and you clicked Connect?

On the PC, under Settings > General near the top, what does it say for the Core name?

On the PC, go into Settings > Audio and see if your output device is under Connected to this PC. What kind of device is it? If you set the device up on the PC, you don’t need to do anything on the MAC. It will show up as a Networked device automatically on the MAC.

Power cycle the DAC and see if that helps.

Cheers, Greg