Problems with Add Network Share and making backups

**Core Machine: sonicTransporter i7, Roon version 1.7 (build 511);

**Network Details: ARRIS TG2492LG-85 Router with Wifi. Internetspeed about 250 Mbs.

PC: Windows 10 with Intel i3 8100 processor

Hey…,
For a long time I have been trying to connect to my PC to make backups of Roon there and to make a folder with music on the PC accessible. When entering the file path it always goes wrong. When browsing or copying the file address / path I always get the message that it is invalid. When searching for images on my PC, I manage to connect to my PC via the album editing function in Roon. My PC also sees the sonic Transporter on which the Roon core is installed. My PC can also be used as a remote for Roon and I can add albums to the disk connected to the sonicTransporter via the PC. I know there are topics about this problem but it didn’t help me.
The first picture shows result of add network share:

The next picture shows result edit cover in Roon:

Thanks for reading and helping, Bert.

FAQ: How do I create a shared folder on Windows and add it as a watched folder in Roon?

Please follow the above guide to share a folder (a folder – not a drive) on your Windows machine. Does it work for you?

No you’re not connecting to your PC, you’re already working on it. You just choose a picture that then gets sent to your Roon Core.

Hello BlackJack,

I understand, thanks.

Hd10 is a folder, maybe a bit confusing. When I chose this folder and copy the address as is explained in the guide, it says that it couldn’t find host. The same for backup on my PC.

Hi @Bert_Dijkstra,

Can you share a screenshot of the share settings for the folder as described in the link that BlackJack shared above? Can you confirm that the folder has been set to be shared over the network? Are you able to access the path above from File Explorer or Finder from another machine on the network?

Hello help…,
It seems my network doesn’t function well. The laptop and the mac-mini does see my pc but are not allowed to enter although I did enable networkshare om my pc. I will ask for help by a local servicestation and when that’s done I will report the results.
Thanks for helping, Bert.

Thanks for the update, @Bert_Dijkstra!

Definitely let us know how that goes and we will be happy to help with any questions you might have.

Hello,

This morning I received professional help with Add Network Share in Storage. That also turned out to be quite a challenge for this boy. Copying and pasting the network path was not possible in any way. We checked the drives and folders for sharing but that was all right. He continued with the IP address of my PC. In the first instance, that did not work, but at some point it did work. To be honest, I still don’t understand what was the point why it suddenly succeeded. Is the PC seen as a NAS? It was clear to me that it would never have succeeded on my own. Unfortunately, this solution will probably not help others with this problem.
Of course I also chose this solution for the Roon backup. Now without help. I wanted to add 2 external drives from my PC to Add Network Share. Both disks were made visible and I could select the backup folder. With one disk it worked but with the other it became: Failed to get authorization to access your account. These folders are all shared. Odd.
I’ll leave it that way.
Now I want to find out if it is possible to keep the libraries separate in Roon. On my SSD drive that is connected to the sonicTransport, albums in AIFF have a minimum of CD quality and on the external drives on the PC there are one MP3s in particular and the other are untagged AIFFs. I don’t want it to be all together shown in the overview. This will have to be another topic and I will also look into the KB. But if you already have tips, please let me know.

Thanks for reading and reacting, Bert.

Hello,
A screenprint of Add Network Share for storage. Both drives with music 192…H and L does have a blue cross. What does that mean. I’m a little afraid to try because whats happen if I click on these crosses?

Greetings, Bert.

The X will open a dialog box asking if you want to remove the network share.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.