Problems with Live Radio playback

Hi Ulrich,

I am having very similar problems with Roon running on a MacMini. Radio starts and then stops. It could be after 5 minutes, it could be half an hour. This does NOT happen when I use the stations’ own apps on my phone to send the stream directly to my active speakers. So it is either Roon or the MacMini. By the way, this is a recent problem. For the past few years we have had few if any problems with live radio.

Hello @Luke23 ,

Thanks for reaching out with your report. Can you please let me know what radio stations are impacted by this issue? How does your network setup look like, is the Mac Mini plugged in via an Ethernet cable? Please complete the rest of the below template so that we can understand your setup better, thanks!

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Roon Server Machine

Mac Mini (late 2012) 16Gb SSD startup disk Catalina.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet. Passive switches.

Connected Audio Devices

Kii Three via USB

Number of Tracks in Library

52.989 tracks

Description of Issue

Radio stations stop playing at irregular intervals. We access three stations and it happen with all three. We now stopped using Roon for Radio and use the stations’ apps without any problems.

Hey @Luke23,

Thanks for writing in and sorry for the delay in getting to your issue. Could you please reproduce the issue and share the specific date, time and name of the track playing when the issue occurs?

Once you let me know this info, I’ll go ahead and enable diagnostics for your account so I can review the logging for clues.

If you’d rather do it yourself manually, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Thanks!