Problems with Live Radio stability

Hello,
since quite some time in my set up (Fritz!Box 7590, Melco S10 Switch, Audiodata Musikserver and Nagra Tube Dac) Live Radio has no stable connection to stations like BR2, BBC3, etc… I can start all stations but they afterwards stop playing. It can stop after some minutes or after a longer period of time, there is no certainty. My current problems have nothing to do with recent software changes within Roon or my equipment. Does someone know how to get this fixed?
Regards
Ulrich

Listening to BR2, BR4Klassik, BR24 but my setup doesn’t exhibit your problem.

Show us a Signal path screenshot so we can see the processing speed when you stream one of those stations, since your low power Audiodata Musikserver might just be the bottleneck, especially if you‘ve got some DSP functions set up.
If it’s not that, you gotta be looking at your home network setup, no matter how stable and fast you think it is…

Hi Martin,
I don‘t know to produce such data. I am using the fastest from German Telekom. In my household all other devices have no problems, most of them are using vTuner. I am running no DSP function in my set up. Why do you assume my Musikserver being the bottleneck?
Regards
Ulrich

Check out this guide from Roon - actually I‘d recommend to browse Roon’s help resources to enhance your familiarity with the hows and whats.

And here’s a screenshot of what I‘ve been asking for …

1. Clicking here opens the signal path pop-up
  2. If the CPU has less than 100x the computing power to run this end point, you‘d see an indicator number here

Their website is quite nebulous about the computer platform, but by their wording I’d wager they’re using an under spec CPU. Roon has minimum recommendations for a reason so it‘s just reasonable to be suspicious.

You should really take the manufacturer up on their rosy prose regarding their capable product support!

As I said …

It might also be worth reading this Roon article about networking-best-practices

Are you using ARC? There has been server slowdowns because of ARC, that are supposed to be fixed with yesterday’s update

A post was split to a new topic: Problems with Live Radio playback

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.