Problems with Mac Roon control

I’ve been using Roon happily for several years.

My core is on Windows 10.
My desktop machine is a Mac, and I use this to control Roon often, playing out via a Raspberry Pi.

Yesterday, I added a bunch of albums (about 10) to my Tidal favourites in the Tidal app on my iPhone. These would normally appear in the Overview on Roon control. Today I can’t load the “Overview” page of the Mac Roon control app, it just never completes loading.

My iPhone is quite happy to display the “recent” music page, and I can select items to play. My Mac can see what’s playing, and I can click next/previous track no problem. It just can’t load the overview.

I’ve uninstalled Roon on the Mac and reinstalled it.

Please help!

Hi @wintoid,

Do you have another Mac, Windows, or tablet device you can use as a remote to try viewing the Overview page? Does the same problem occur?

Hi @dylan

I’ve dusted off my Windows laptop, and it does exactly the same as my Mac. So I guess the problem is on the core side?

Thanks,

Simon

Hi @wintoid,

Let’s try clearing your Cache and see if there is any change. Please see instructions below:

1. Shutdown Roon on your Core machine
  2. Find and open your Roon database
  3. Navigate to /Roon/Cache
  4. Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop

Let us know if there is any change after this.

Looking good @dylan

Is there any reason to keep the old cache folder, or can I delete it?

Thanks for your help

Hi @wintoid,

Glad to hear that resolved things! Yes, you can delete the old cached folder now.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.