Problems with translations.roonlabs.net


(Mikael Ollars) #1

I was cleaning up the last “to do’s” in the Swedish translations but bumped into issues?

{
“original”: null,
“response”: {
“req”: {
“method”: “GET”,
“url”: “/orm/strings-random/swedish/app”,
“headers”: {}
},
“xhr”: {},
“text”: “{“reason”:“NoTranslations”}”,
“statusText”: “Internal Server Error”,
“statusCode”: 500,
“status”: 500,
“statusType”: 5,
“info”: false,
“ok”: false,
“redirect”: false,
“clientError”: false,
“serverError”: true,
“error”: {
“status”: 500,
“method”: “GET”,
“url”: “/orm/strings-random/swedish/app”
},
“created”: false,
“accepted”: false,
“noContent”: false,
“badRequest”: false,
“unauthorized”: false,
“notAcceptable”: false,
“forbidden”: false,
“notFound”: false,
“unprocessableEntity”: false,
“headers”: {
“via”: “1.1 10.22.23.11 (McAfee Web Gateway 7.7.2.3.0.23892)”,
“date”: “Wed, 10 Oct 2018 08:36:11 GMT”,
“etag”: “W/“1b-/8VkAz/bUeHPx+Bkfx7v41BOmbc””,
“pragma”: “no-cache”,
“server”: “nginx”,
“expires”: “-1”,
“connection”: “keep-alive”,
“content-type”: “application/json; charset=utf-8”,
“cache-control”: “private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate”,
“content-length”: “27”,
“access-control-allow-origin”: “"
},
“header”: {
“via”: “1.1 10.22.23.11 (McAfee Web Gateway 7.7.2.3.0.23892)”,
“date”: “Wed, 10 Oct 2018 08:36:11 GMT”,
“etag”: “W/“1b-/8VkAz/bUeHPx+Bkfx7v41BOmbc””,
“pragma”: “no-cache”,
“server”: “nginx”,
“expires”: “-1”,
“connection”: “keep-alive”,
“content-type”: “application/json; charset=utf-8”,
“cache-control”: “private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate”,
“content-length”: “27”,
“access-control-allow-origin”: "

},
“type”: “application/json”,
“charset”: “utf-8”,
“links”: {},
“body”: {
“reason”: “NoTranslations”
}
},
“status”: 500
}

It may be temporary but at the moment im not able to continue…


(Mikael Ollars) #2

@support, this issue remains? The whole site was unavailable during the evening. Its back again, but it’s still impossible to complete any further translation


(Mike) #3

Hey @Mikael_Ollars – we’re looking into it. Thanks for letting us know.


(Danny Dulai) #5

we have a bug when it thinks you have no translations to submit… just click ‘see all translations’ instead and pick some


(Danny Dulai) #6

I looked into this a bit, and it seems youve hit “skip” on all the translations… why?


(Mikael Ollars) #7

If you are referring to me Danny, no, thats not so. When i noticed this behaviour there was about 3 pages of untranslated terms left. (Judging by looking at the “See all translations” list, the end)
I’d say there were some 20-30 phrases that i requested clarification on, and hence, “skipped translation”. (I dont think there were any clarifications added on any of these, by the way)
And no, i havent skipped my way through this job, i’ve translated 63% of the Swedish part according to the meters! :slight_smile:


(Danny Dulai) #8

This bug has been resolved.


(Rémi) #9

Good! Can we have the latest functionailities (display…) in the database ? It’s a bit weird to have a mixed French/English interface.


#10

@alec_eiffel, Displays stuff can now be found on the translations page.

Thanks!


Ivan


(Rémi) #11

Thank you Ivan, French translation is 100% complete.

Some more remarks:


Why shouldn’t we have a swedish translation in Roon?
(Rémi) #12

@ivan
Adding this screen as well, the Channel Mixing GUI is English only.


(Rémi) #13

@ivan, I am sorry to say that even after filling 100% of the database the “displays stuff” is less than 50% translated, see below an ugly mix of French and English:

See also all my unanswered posts above.
I have personally spent a lot of time translating Roon because I really like the product to the point of evangelising it in France. From a French user perspective, having screens with a mix of French and English looks very unprofessional and gives a bad image of the product.

NB: as it seems that Roon is about to integrate Qobuz, this could draw quite a lot of new customers to Roon (Qobuz is French and quite popular). I’d recommend to get the translation right at the time of the launch and not months later, after potential Qobuz users have tried Roon only to find out that the Qobuz section is in English or half-half (Frenglish).

Thx


#14

Hi, @alec_eiffel, thank you for posting these findings here and sorry that I did not reply to you earlier. I will convey this message to our developers and see how we can fix this issue.

Thank you for you cooperation and patience!


Ivan