Progress bar freeze on iPad

The issue does not happen when locking and unlocking the Ipad screen without switching between Roon and another app.

Playback progress bar behavior was normal after locking and unlocking the iPad screen.

Another question, please. The progress bar on my mac mini (Roon Core) shows alternating parts of the progress bar in blue and parts in grey when playing local files. Is this normal? If yes, then why?

Hi @Rumpole,

Thanks for confirming the progress bar works as expected between iPad locks and unlocks.

Can you share a screenshot of what youā€™re seeing in both cases? Are you talking about the wave form indicator showing up?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/shuv06gnob9wwty/IMG_0069.jpg?dl=0

I think this may have something to do with the way the mac displays on the 60" TV because it isnā€™t like this if I mirror the screen on my other mac.

When I mirror on the other macā€™s monitor, it shows all blue. Also, when I tried a screenshot, it was all blue. However, in the photo of the TV you can see the blue and grey.

This blue/grey thing isnā€™t a rabbit hole Iā€™m interested in pursuing as long as everything else is working properly.

The original issue of the progress bar stopping when changing apps on the Ipad is what I would like to focus on.

Hi @Rumpole,

That is very strange indeed, I believe it might have something to do with you mirroring the display on the TV as I havenā€™t seen this behavior on my end nor seen other reports of it on Community.

Yes, letā€™s focus on this issue for now and we can loop back to the blue/black progress bar issue at a later point in time when the iPad issue is resolved. I will let you know once I have further info from QA regarding your case.

Hi @noris,

FWIW I also experienced the exact same issue on my previous iPad Pro 12.9ā€ 2018 WiFi + Cellular.

Where the progress bar would stop progressing but music continued to play, and this would not change when the next track played. I found that force closing and restarting the Roon remote app would resolve the problem.

I just put it down to an app or something I had installed on the device interfering with the Roon remote app so didnā€™t report it. I still have access to that iPad Pro so may be able to assist (although my friend now uses it for his Roon setup. I donā€™t know if heā€™s noticed the issue.)

Regards,

Rory

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.