Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 64 bit / Intel i7, 64 GB RAM / Roon ver. 1.7 build 511
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear GS105 Switch
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
PS Audio Perfectwave DAC MK II w/Bridge II
Description Of Issue
I’m having great difficulty getting Tidal MQA files to play consistently. I’d say 1 out of 20 attempts actually plays the song and often it drops mid-song. At the bottom of the Roon window where the track information is displayed it will flip to “Select an Audio Zone” for a second and then flip back even though it sees the DAC as the selected zone.
Welcome to the forum. I have a few suggestions/questions:
Can you please provide your router information?
Can you confirm if you are using the newest firmware version for your DAC?
Do local MQA albums display the same behavior? If you don’t have any local MQA files, you can download a few from the 2L Test Bench. Does the behavior only impact certain types of MQA content (44.1 unfolded to 88.2 or 48 unfolded to 96, ect.)?
@noris thanks for the reply.
I have the latest firmware for the DAC.
The router is a Verizon Fios G1100.
Roon seems to have no issue playing local MQA files.
Can you note the exact local time + date + track when this behavior next occurs and let me know this info here? I wonder if perhaps diagnostics reveals any additional clues.
August and Everything After
Track 1: Round Here
Track 1: I.G.Y.
DAC recognizes the file but can’t seem to play it.
Thanks for letting me know those timestamps. Now that I have this information I have activated diagnostics mode for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a set of logs to our servers for analysis next time your Core is online. I’ll take a look to see there are any additional clues for the tracks you mentioned above, thanks!
Thanks Noris, more testing.
9:35 PM failed to play Jeff Beck, Live +, A Change is Gonna Come
9:38 PM failed to play Coldplay, X&Y, Square One
9:39 failed to play Commodores, Movin’ On, Hold On
Just more for your logging to pick up. Hope you find something.
11:26 AM (failed to play)
The Black Keys
Track 1: Everlasting light
11:29 AM (failed to play)
Track 2: Dreams
Track 7: The Chain
Thanks for the information. I can confirm that logs have been received and I have requested analysis for them, once analysis is complete we should have some more information. It is not necessary to provide more timestamps at this time.
@noris I fixed it! Well not exactly. I’m not sure exactly what was causing it BUT I have a suspicion. So from my router a CAT5 goes to the basement to a Netgear GS105 to handle devices in the basement. From that switch another CAT5 goes upstairs to a room I’m using as a temp office to another Netgear GS105 to split the network signal to my PC and the PS Audio Bridge II. It occurred to me that passing through all those network devices might be the problem. I have two ethernet adapters in my PC. I set the 2nd one to a static IP address with subnet mask and then set the Bridge II with a similar static IP, hooked a CAT5 between them, and BANG no more issues. In fact that allowed me to eliminate the 2nd Netgear GS105 and go straight to my PC. Music is streaming very quickly now, there are no speaker POPS when switching music types, and best of all no MQA issues at all.
Thanks for the update here! That does sound like quite a complex network setup you had before, simplifying is always a good idea .
I did speak to the technical team regarding your logs and they indicated that the issue was networking related, it wasn’t clear if it was on the PS audio side or on the rest of the network setup, but looks like you resolve it in the meantime.
Any further issues just let us know, until next time take care!
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.