Pure McCartney on TIDAL, It's there, but tracks are wrong

I don’t know how they match songs. We’ll have to ask the Roon guys.

Cheers, Greg

Ok, I confess guys – I made a mistake checking in this correction :weary:

Basically, I took this album and divided it into two releases: a 2 disc version, and a 4 disc version. Had I been a little more careful, I might have noticed that one of the 4 disc versions was actually a deluxe vinyl edition, with a different track list (see here).

@Eric has gone back and corrected my mistake, so look for the updated metadata to be live in the next few days – you may need to re-identify the album to pull in the new data.

And just to reiterate what I said above, we have work planned for the coming months that should make this kind of equivalence matching way more accurate. Sorry for the confusion guys! :pensive:

3 Likes

Paul McCartney - Pure McCartney’s track sequencing is incorrect. I tagged according to aforementioned link then imported into Roon. Album was recognised. However, on playing the song titles didn’t match the actual songs. I’ve just revisited my tagging using acoustid and the songs are correctly tagged, it’s just pulling through incorrectly into Roon from Rovi.

@evand, I moved this to an existing topic.

Cheers, Greg

thx @Greg, I’d not seen the original thread. Mine is also the 67 track deluxe and Rovi’s sequencing isn’t correct, pretty much the same as @John_Hill’s experience.

Yeah, this is still a problem.

Hmm, ok – something is wrong, but I’m not clear what. As far as I can tell, there are 3 versions of this album:

• 2 Discs, 39 Tracks
  • 4 Discs, 41 Tracks (Deluxe Vinyl Edition)
  • 4 Discs, 67 Tracks (Deluxe Edition)

@evand @fritzg It would be great if you could let me know:

• Which of the versions above you’re having issues with
  • Whether you’re looking at local files or TIDAL
  • Whether you’ve tried clicking Edit > Re-Identify
  • What errors you’re seeing – the formatting @Greg used above is perfect:

Thanks guys – we’ll get there :thumbsup:

@mike I am glad you now realize something is wrong.

My errors are the same as @Greg. I am looking at TIDAL files. I am seeing this in the 67 song version. And I try Edit>Re-Identify everyday. Still the same errors.

When you figure out what is causing this, please let us know. It causes me to doubt everything about the metadat on albums I am unfamiliar with. And in the case of this album, I am unfamiliar with a lot of the tracks, which as made detailing it like @Greg has a real chore.

@mike Here is a screenshot of what happens when I try to fix it using “identify album”. Not the error exists on both sides, the Roon side and the TIDAL side. It looks to me like TIDAL is either sending you wrong info, or Roon is applying incorrect info to the TIDAL files.

So you know:
'10. Another Day s/b Early Days
12. Jenny Wren s/b Another Day

This is the 67 track version from TIDAL.

Yeah, it seems to be the 67 track version that’s the problem.

On Allmusic, you can see the 2 different 67 track versions. One matches the Tidal 67 track version, and the other on Allmusic, which is currently the one Roon selected, doesn’t seems to match any release that I can see anywhere.

This is the metadata Roon needs to add to match it to the Tidal release:

Cheers, Greg

@mike Here’s the problems for tracks 13-15.

1. Save Us s/b Flaming Pie
  2. Mrs. Vanderbilt s/b Jenny Wren
  3. Mull of Kintyre s/b Too Many People

And for Tracks 16-17.

1. Let 'em In s/b Let Me Roll It
  2. Let Me Roll It s/b New

Bump. Anything new to report on this?

I believe it is fixed. Try to ReIdentify the album. If that doesn’t work, try to Identify the album. There may be about 4 albums to choose from, but one of them should be correct.

Cheers, Greg

Edit: The tracks are now correct, however, we haven’t got the reviews, ratings and track picks yet. Hopefully, that will arrive automatically sometime soon.

@greg @mike Nope. I still show the tracks from TIDAL as the wrong songs as shown in my screenshots above.

Hmmm, worked for me. Anybody else?

Cheers, Greg

Yep works for me. Not listened to all 67 tracks yet but through track 15 and all OK so far on the tracks above.

This is with the Tidal album added to my library earlier this evening. Shows as one CD with 67 tracks though rather than four which I think is the case, though this does not bother me.

I am having issues with the 4 Discs, 67 Tracks (Deluxe Edition) on local disc. I’d since set Roon to prefer my tags for this album so I’ve moved it to another drive that’s not in the Watched folder tree, forced a rescan, deleted orphaned tracks via Library Maintenance and thereafter reintroduced the album.

On reintroduction it still has the issues described by @Greg:

Neither Re-Scan or Re-Identify makes any difference.

Try to Identify it again (not Re-Identify). See if that works.

Cheers, Greg

By moving be files and deleting records/ db cleanup before reintroducing the album isn’t that exactly what I triggered in the first instance?

The problem is reidentifying and “identify album” doesn’t work for me because the Tidal files themselves have the wrong data as is demonstrated in my screenshots. No way to change that. I’ve even tried deleting the album and adding it to the library again. Same problem. Will try that again tonight.