QNAP NAS Core cannot access the folder with the music files

Roon Core Machine

Core onQnap TS-453Be 16GB ram: problem
Core on Win11, i7 16GB ram: no problems at all

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Internet via optical fiber, AVM FritzBox! 7590, Switch TPLink and Netgear. All the audio chain is on ethernet infrastructure.

Connected Audio Devices

2* RPi with Ropiee, 1* GustardU12

Number of Tracks in Library

109557 Tracks

Description of Issue

As already noted by someone I have a problem accessing the folder where the music files are if I use the Roon Core installed on the QNAP NAS. Essentially, Roon is unable to access the library which contains 7227 albums. This problem is bought suddenly. The only possibility is to access the user menu on the NAS and disable and re-enable the R / W option of the folder where the music files are located. Everything works fine until the NAS restarts which forces me to repeat the procedure I indicated above. This is really frustrating, so I installed the Roon Core on the Win11 PC while keeping the music on the NAS and everything works fine. Do you have any suggestions?

If you do not wish to go with one of the workarounds described in QNAP - Not Showing Local Folders Anymore [See Staff Post - Guest Access Temporarily Resolves - Ongoing Investigation], then stay with your Windows core until the QNAP issue gets eventually resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.