QNAP NAS doesn't show library

Hello. I have a Qnap NAS. I already installed Roon, I downloaded the app on my Mac. I already gave it the path to the folder where the music is, but nothing appears. In Plex if everything appears.

Under storage try to use local host

smb://127.0.0.1/Multimedia/Music

Thank you very much for your answer. I am attaching a picture of what I am doing. I havenā€™t been able to get it to work.

I recommend using the IP of your QNAP device. if you arenā€™t connecting to the localhost 127.0.0.1 is wrong.

1 Like

No that is not the case.

I am confused.

His Roon app is on a mac
His roon storage is a QNAP.

if he uses 127.0.0.1 on either machine, they will never communicate with one another.

The IP of the QNAP needs to be used on the Mac.

If I am not understanding then my apologies.

The Roon Core is in the QNAP NAS and is running. The problem is when I want to add the folder where the music is. I select it, but nothing happens.

Already done that. I havenā€™t been able to get it to work.

I am not an MAC expert - I now it works just fine under windows with my QNAP.

1 Like

No worries. I know how Iā€™d tackle it. I know we all do things differently. I learn more by listening to others than by talking and I already talk too much.

I appreciate you helping out.

1 Like

@Jairo_Duque - Is your core (Roon - NAS) in the same folder as your music files? If that is the case please change that: ā€œPublicā€ for the Roon Core and ā€œMulitmediaā€ for your music files. Having both in same directory can cause problems.

PM

Hello. Thanks for your answer. I have them installed in different instances. The core in Public and the music folder in another.

This bug is known for a year now! :frowning:

So obviously Roonā€˜s @support is not very much interested in fixing it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.