QNAP - Not Showing Local Folders Anymore [See Staff Post - Fix is released]

It seems the issue only occurs if the HOME variable is unset. I had this issue on one of my QNAP devices and once the Roon team had figured out the circumstance of no music files in the library, I was able overcome the issue by declaring the HOME variable in the RoonServer.sh script by adding the line to the RoonServer.sh script:

export HOME="/root"

It won’t be required anymore, when the bug in Roon Server has been addressed, so I won’t supply an update to the QNAP App Center.
(However there will still be an update available soon, which addresses handling of temporary folders. It will not have this line included!)

I’ve just prepared an interim build (click to Download), which is based on the upcoming App Center release and added the above fix. It is dated one day earlier (compared to the upcoming App Center version), so you can easily switch back to the regular release, when the bugfix has been included in Roon Server itself and the mentioned update of Roon Server is available at the App Center by clicking the “Update” button in the App Center.

I have also updated the Legacy 1.8 Installer for Roon Server, as I have no info, if this build will get an update anytime soon. It can be downloaded from the roononnas.org website.

7 Likes