QNAP/Roon Server/Sonos issues

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

QNAP TS-463U-RP/AMD GX-420MC/16GB/Firmware 5.0.0.1891

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Netgear 4300 or equivalent

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Sonos Connect Amp Gen 2

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Greetings -
I have a TS-463U-RP running version 1.8 build 903 of the Roon Server. On the same network are a number of Sonos devices. I have issues where sometimes Roon clients see the Sonos devices for Audio and the system works properly, other times I cannot find the Sonos devices. I try reboots, etc. but I cannot consistently discover the Sonos devices via Roon (they are present via Sonos so working within that ecosystem.) Seemed to work on prior builds, has not worked since upgrade to 903. Thank you.

Start a thread under support and fill in the template on your system.

Hey @Jonathan_Feiber,

Thank you for getting in touch, we’re sorry to hear that you’re having some issues with your Sonos endpoints. I’ve moved your thread over to the Support channel so we can lend a hand.

I’ve added the support template that @ged_hickman1 mentioned to your post. Please fill this information out for us, it’ll help establish a starting point for troubleshooting. Your networking details, and how your Sonos devices are connected, will be especially important

Have your Sonos endpoints appeared in Roon at all since updating to 903?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.