QNAP - Unauthorized

Same in my QNAP TS269l based core. Hit unauthorised and most of the system came back. Some streamers missing from config though.

Clearly not enough testing done.

Hi @robert_sewell,

Since performing the un-authorize + re-authorize, is your Roon Core working as expected?

Hi Norris

Yes since hitting the unsubscribe Roon just opened up on my original qnap core and database intact except for any Raspberry Pi devices running Ropiee, their data was all lost and had to be set up again under settings/audio.

Roon ok but seems a little flaky on what it was usually solid and that is playing tracks. A few long pauses before starts an one or two tracks stopping.

Seems like poor testing by Roon to me. Really shouldn’t be such glaring errors on release.

1 Like

Hi @robert_sewell,

Does this behavior impact all of your zones or just one/some of them?
Any change if you reboot your Core + Networking gear?
What kind of content does the issue happen with (Local / TIDAL / Qobuz)?

@noris taken a little whole to try a few things out. Changed from QNAP overnight shutdown. To that plus stop/start Roon Server each day. Different performance but no obvious trends. Performance running core on QNAP 269L with 3Gb ram still an issue with a ‘Discover’ requests returning in 1 min 20 sec, ‘Album’ in 28 sec. Then some Artist returning in 4sec. 3 minutes later ‘discovery’ over 1 min again. Picking an album or artist from ‘Discover’ list often returns sub second. Album tracks <2 secs. However, an artist search can be 1 min pus. But if I cancel the DB request and run again it return in 10 secs. History info return 52 Secs, Feels like it’s across Local, Tidal and Qobuz. These all occur when QNAP @ CPU max 58% and Memory 52% max usage.

On my setup, this seems all since the latest QNAP SW Upgrade. That brought about loosing all Raspberry Pi devices from Audio/Setup etc,. Re-added ok.

Happens on all zones (>10) and Multiple Controllers on Mac and IOS. Library on QNAP is 3K albums, 42k Tracks.

Is there anyway to track Dbase performance?

Thanks

Hi @robert_sewell,

Are you using the latest version of QNAP? There have been some changes that might help with this, but it is still going through the QNAP App Store cycle, you can install a manual copy in the meantime though, see:

&

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.