Qobuz and Tidal fail to load new albums/releases

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MacBook Pro / OS 10.14.5 / Roon 1.6 (build 416)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
BTnet / 100mbps lease line / BT provided and managed Cisco Meraki / Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Audiolab M-DAc / usb

Description Of Issue

I have changed from a 4g internet connection to a BTnet lease line.

However, I can still login to Tidal and Qobuz fine, all my library albums show up and play fine. But neither Qobuz new releases etc nor Tidal What’s New albums etc load and the playlists for both are empty. Tidal and Qobuz desktop apps both work as expected.

However if I connect to the internet via the old (and very slow) 4g system all is fine. So I suspect some setting in the Cisco router is blocking certain things from Roon.

In order to make changes I have to tell BT what to change and I’m not sure what to request! Could it be a DNS name servers issue? - it is currently set to “BTnet name servers” but there is an option to “Use Google public DNS” or “Use OpenDNS” or “Proxy to upstream DNS” or “Specify nameservers…”. Could this be this be the issue?

Or. There is a firewall setting but the only thing that is blocked is “Peer-to-peer”. Should I ask for that to be unblocked?

Router settings are beyond my skill level - any suggestions for getting Roon running properly on BTnet would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi @Chris_Spencer,

This does sound like a DNS type issue related to the BTnet name servers. I would give the Google Public DNS a try to see if it sorts it out. You may also want to try rebooting both the Core + Network gear to see if that helps.

– Noris

Hi Noris

BT have now changed the DNS type to Google Public DNS. Unfortunately this has made no difference.

I have rebooted Core + Network gear, but still nothing.

However, when I reboot the Cisco router everything works for around 1 minute - presumably until some setting kicks in and breaks the connection?

Here are 2 links outlining the Lan and Security settings.

LAN: https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45516
Security: https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45514

Please could you suggest any other settings I could request changing?

Thank you!

Important update.

In an attempt to finally resolve the issue, the engineers at BT have been capturing data packets passing through the Cisco Meraki router.

It appears that data being sent when searching Tidal or Qobuz in Roon was being “miss identified as a Parked Domain”.

BT changed the content URL filtering settings to allow the data through.

Roon is now working perfectly.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Chris_Spencer,

Thanks for the update and glad to hear that BT was able to narrow down the issue to the URL filtering settings!

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.