Qobuz App Launches when Roon Launches on MacBook Pro, Logins Get Borked

Roon Core is running on a Mac Tower. I run Roon on a 2018 MacBook Pro [Mojave 10.14.6/32GB RAM/2.9 GHz Intel Core i9] to control playback. Every time I launch Roon, the Mac Qobuz app launches.
I think it’s interfering with the Core’s Qobuz login, because I get Login Failed messages in Roon on a regular basis.
I could uninstall the Qobuz app, but Roon fails to load Qobuz tracks about 80% of the time, so I tend to give up and stream from Qobuz instead.
Is there any way to stop the Qobuz app from automatically launching when Roon launches? What is causing that, anyway? Why would Roon even be allowed to launch other applications—or is it some file-association weirdness?

Latest versions of Roon and Qobuz on everything. No Qobuz app installed on Core machine.

Hi @Andrew_Webb,

If you try to log in after getting the failed message does it work for you or do you continue getting error messages?

I usually have to put in my login information again. Then it works. If the laptop loses connection to the Roon Core, for instance when it’s closed, the problem comes back. Sometimes it happens for no apparent reason; songs from Qobuz through Roon just hang for a while, failing to stream, and then “playback stopped” message appears. If I quit Roon locally at that point and launch Qobuz, the exact same tracks play perfectly through the Qobuz app.

It seems to be a running problem with Roon. Songs won’t play for Roon for one reason or another, yet every other music player can play the same files. It’s got to the point where I don’t want to launch Roon, because I know I’ll be frustrated. I just want to listen to music without a giant hassle.

Hi @Andrew_Webb,

The connection to Qobuz should be handled by the Core and is typically not dependent on the remote’s connection to the Core. Just to confirm, are you seeing this behavior with other remote devices as well?

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > General?

Thanks, @Andrew_Webb.

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

You know what? Forget about it. I’ve just had Roon fail on me again, refusing to play tracks that work with all my other applications. I’m tired of screwing around, trying to get my expensive software to work. I’m going back to the $19 software that works every single time. I can run Allmusic in a second window and get close to the same experience, minus the intense frustration. I’m done.
Thanks for trying to help. Let me know if you every get my playlists recovered, that might be helpful.

Hi @Andrew_Webb — You have our apologies for the trouble here.

We want to help get things up and running for you, and getting timestamps and reviewing the diagnostics report will definitely help! We also have a ticket open with the technical team investigating this issue.

I’ll be sure to keep you updated on the status of the investigation and if you do want to troubleshoot further to help with this investigation please feel free to reach out!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.