Qobuz Connection suddenly unavailable/lost

(Hermann Gruenheidt) #1

Since about 24 hours the connection to Qobuz is lost. Error message: Network error: check your connection. Network and Internet is available for all other applications at home, Qobuz is available via my browser. I did all the reboot exercises. A recent threat did mention to deactivate and then re-active Qobuz, but that option is not displayed right now. The „services“ tab only allows my to register and exactly that is not working. I‘m stuck and would appreciate any help.
@support

(Noris) #2

Hi @Hermann_Gruenheidt,

Can you please provide some more information here? What is your Core model/manufacturer and how is it connected to the network? If you are connected via WiFi, is there any change in behavior if you connect via Ethernet? Does the same login information work via the Qobuz web player (play.qobuz.com)?

– Noris

(Hermann Gruenheidt) #3

Hi Noris, Core model is a windows 10 PC. It is connected via a FritzBox router to the Audiodata Musicserver II. Connection is LAN based. The login via the Qobuz net player is just normal, everything is working fine.

(Noris) #4

Hi @Hermann_Gruenheidt,

I just tried logging out and back into Qobuz on my end and it’s working as expected. Can you please try rebooting your Core to see if that has any change? Power off, wait 30s and power back on?

– Noris

(Hermann Gruenheidt) #5

Hi Noris, unfortunately the same picture as in the course of today.

(Noris) #6

Hi @Hermann_Gruenheidt,

Thanks for giving that a try. I would like to take a look at the diagnostics from your Core machine, can I please ask you to manually send us a set of the logs by using these instructions? The best way to get them over to us would be through a shared Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com link.

– Noris

(Hermann Gruenheidt) #7

Hi Noris,

here is the link to the logfiles

Please be aware that these logfiles are not at the original location but the zip file has been moved to another location in order to get it uploaded to dropbox.

P.S. I have to correct an initial information: the Roon core is stored directly on the Audiodata Musikserver II and is driven within Windows 7 environment.

  • Hermann
(Noris) #8

Hi @Hermann_Gruenheidt,

Thanks for sending those logs over. I took a look through them and I am noticing quite a few “Name Resolution Failures” listed in them, specifically I see that Roon has trouble reaching our account servers and Qobuz as well. Have you by any chance changed any DNS settings on your Core machine/router or are using a VPN?

Were there any new Windows updates that were automatically installed recently? I would also check to make sure that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe are still listed as exceptions in your Windows firewall, and you can use these instructions to check this. Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe can be found by following the Database Location/Applications path.

Do let me know if that helps.

– Noris

(Hermann Gruenheidt) #9

Hi @noris,

thanks for your analysis. My Roon core is laced on the Audiodate Musikserver II and there is a service agreement with Audiodata on all Windows updates etc. (You may be aware of this as there is a cooperation agreement between Ron and Audiodata). They do alle the updates and this did not happen when the problem occured. To my knowedge there has not been any change in the DNS settings or using a VPN (which - to my understanding - I do not use). as audiodata is managing the software and Windows issues I have involved them to help us checking out, if Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe are allowed as exeptions for the Firewall. I am waiting for their answer and will kepp you posted. I did send them a link of our conversation so far.

I am a normal enduser and do not have excessive software and operating systems know how. So bear with me, if I might end up at some limits of a normal dummy-user. I am contemplating on any changes on my software/hardware side that happened in the last 48 hours and nothing specific did happen. I did not do anything to the whole setup, I just used it and out of the blue the Qobuz connection was lost.

  • Hermann
1 Like
(Hermann Gruenheidt) #10

it should say “located” instead of “laced”. Sorry for the other typos, I did not check the auto-correct

(Noris) #12

Hi @Hermann_Gruenheidt,

Do keep me updated when you hear back from Audiodate on this matter. If they require any input from my end please direct them to this thread and ask them to comment or alternatively send me a private message on this site and I can respond to any questions they may have.

– Noris

(Hermann Gruenheidt) #13

Hi @noris, will do so. I already informed them by linking this thread.

  • Hermann
1 Like
(Hermann Gruenheidt) #14

Hi @noris, there will be a 4-5 days time-out from my side as my router shall be replaced by the telephone company in the next days. For that period both Audiodata and you better wait with your part, as some routing procedures or so eventually might be affected (I’m just a bit pessimistic given similar experience with telephone companies from the past). I will keep you posted if things do progress.

  • Hermann
1 Like
(Hermann Gruenheidt) #15

Hi @noris, good news. The new router did serve everything. The home network is now back to normal after a series of setup procedures. I am now re-connected with Roon and the connection from Roon to Qobuz is working again. Thanks for your kind and helpful support.

  • Hermann
1 Like
(Noris) #16

Hi @Hermann_Gruenheidt,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved with the new router in place, hope you have a great continued Roon experience!

– Noris

(system) closed #17

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.