Qobuz doen not load or stops playing frequently

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac-mini with i7 and 16 GB ram, running OS 10.15.5 Catalina Roon 1.7 (build 571) connected through Ethernet to cable modem

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Google WiFi mesh network with Ethernet drops to either a Bluesound Node 2i or Sonore microRendu to my DAC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Node 2i Toslink or Sonore microRendu USB to my DAC

Description Of Issue

Audio playback from Qobuz drops out frequently. Either fails to play at all or plays beginning of “album” and then can’t find the next track. Often if I go to Roon Qobuz link and click on “My Qobuz” i get a spinning wheel for minutes. Error messages “check you network” “Qobuz file not available at this time”, etc. Even if I select albums I have ripped and stored of my USB drive- they will start playing on then I get a message about “Qobuz file not available”. Also as others have reported I’ll request a song start playing from Qobuz- absolutely nothing happens and then 5 minutes later it will suddenly burst out of speakers.

1 Like

Hi @Jim_Walker,

We have seen users have a better experience in the past if they change their Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS. Can you please give this a try and let me know if it helps?

My google WiFi router automatically uses the google dns addresses. Should I change the Mac mini to google dns settings?

Hi @Jim_Walker,

If your router is already using Google DNS the issue might be a bit different.

Can you please reproduce this behavior, note the exact local time + date + track you experience it on and then provide a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions?

Note, if you have a RoonServer + Roon app setup, please send me the RoonServer logs using Option #1 (not Option #2). If you don’t have any file transfer services, just let me know and I can provide one.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.