Qobuz favorites/Roon library

I have been on here before about Qobuz favourites integration with the Roon library. Members have been very helpful. I suspect the way I use the programs causes the problems. I use a MacBook pro to interact with the Nucleus and Roon. I mostly “favorite” albums while looking on the Qobuz website and also use the list there to “un” favorite albums. I gather that using the Qobuz app might work better, but that doesn’t work for me in other respects. I would really, really like to keep some Qobuz albums I do not buy in the library. I have tried “keep in library” in roon instead of making favourites in the Qobuz website. The problem lies in the habit of the albums in the library to come and go in apparently random ways, unrelated to the My Qobuz selections. The worst problem is having albums I have “un” favorited and also “removed from library” reappear at some later date. I am one of those fussy people who fix up the metadata so albums are neatly sorted. I don’t really want albums to appear in the library unless I specifically ask, and I want them to go away when I ask. I cannot figure out what is going on. Some “favourite” albums never appear in the library, some appear, some disappear. I’d like some reliable control over it. Yes, I can turn the “Qobuz favourites” part of the library on or off, but I want to control fully and easily what is in it. Syncing doesn’t help. I understand that this is likely to be partly a Qobuz issue, but Roon has power with Qobuz and I don’t. So in this case I am especially asking that Roon look at this issue.

I don’t know what is really going on here with the appearing and disappearing albums, but I am also confused by your description :slight_smile:

Fundamentally, an album being a favorite on Qobuz and being a part of your Roon library are the same thing. Favoriting an album on Qobuz adds it to your Roon library, and unfavoriting it on Qobuz removes it form your Roon library. Conversely, adding an album to your library in Roon makes it a favorite on Qobuz, and removing it from the Roon library unfavorites it on Qobuz.

This is how it is supposed to work. If it doesn’t work like that for you, something is off. But I have no idea what.

If there is no technical problem, albums appearing and disappearing randomly in your Roon library can be a sign that someone gained access to your Qobuz account and is using it for their needs. Change your Qobuz password.

Thank you for your reply.

The albums appearing are ones chosen by me at some time. The problem is that I cannot make albums I chose two years ago and "un"chose a year ago and "un"chose again (when they reappeared) actually leave the library. So I rather doubt it could be someone sneaking into my account. Nothing is unfamiliar.

I see. And when these albums that you previously removed reappear in the Roon library, are they then favorited in Qobuz as well?

Perhaps dissapearing due to licensing changes? Individual songs disappear from playlists, I have no idea if this applies to whole albums.

I only see the tracks become marked “unavailable” in red but they (and their albums) stay in my library until manually removed. Wouldn’t explain why some appear to come back after removal, anyway.

@CrystalGipsy described removed albums coming back here in this discussion (and I think elsewhere before), maybe this has something to do with it?

1 Like

Definitely sounds like the same issue as me. Got no reply from Roon on this at all, no surprise they don’t seem to acknowledge there is issues with how grouping and their integration actually works. If you like to organise and group all the same albums but different versions together it seems to break with streaming when said version is no longer available.

1 Like

It is complicated. Some have been favourites in Qobuz in the past but were unfavourited long ago yet appear in the Roon library but not in Qobuz favourites. At the moment the problem is more getting them to go away than to stay.
Some favourites have never appeared in the library. I have no idea why.
What I really want is a curated library. 90% of the albums are purchased downloads, mostly from Qobuz but also from other sites. I use “favourites” mostly to audition albums for purchase. I don’t deal with separate tracks or playlists. What I would like is to be able to add and retain a small number of streaming albums in the library. Ideally I would then like to be able to remove them from favourites, but I can understand not being able to do that. The iPad looks the same so it is not a problem with the laptop. I did already reinstall Roon.

I’m sure it is a related problem but I am not grouping versions. I don’t have groupings.

I have no idea what is going on there, sorry

I suspect that this might be related to the issue. Can you say more about what you do to “fix up the metadata”? Are you doing this for Qobuz albums that have been added to the library, and are you using Roon’s (limited) metadata editing tools?

I change the titles. Occasionally I fix the artists. It is minimal I think. So, for “J S Bach something something”, “Johann Bach something something” “Andrew something (artist), Bach something something” and “Concerto, Bach, etc” I will make all of them start with “Bach: work”. If Roon does this I of course choose it; if it doesn’t I choose file and alter it. If I don’t do this I have a total mess. I alter the titles in Roon. Many do not have info in Roon. Some came over from Audirvana already edited. However, I have done this with purchased albums only. Just recently I tried it with some Qobuz favourites I adopted into the library, but it made no difference to the scrolling problem–that has been from the beginning. If it is a problem because of the editing I’ll just have to live with it. Thank you for your suggestions.