QOBUZ feedback thread

I’d think you could create a playlist out of the selection before importing, which can be easily deleted as such in one go… see second screenshot

1 Like

Hello, for the moment we have removed the direct action of importing this dynamic list because it will change every week. The import will work as an import at the moment and will not be dynamic.
We can imagine a new feature for this dynamic list to update the import every week and keep having the last dynamic list up to date in the local music.
I will talk with the mobile PM about this feature.

In the meantime the only thing to do is to create a playlist from this dynamic list then you can import.

For people who don’t understand why sometimes we have difficulty getting the same catalogue as other streaming services, this article from Techhive, well understand one big issue.

A significant number of independent artists have distributed their music through a company called TuneCore. When a creator or label uploads music to the site, there’s an opportunity to check boxes for individual services. If you want your music on Tidal and Apple Music but not Spotify (to pick a totally random example), you have that option. Unfortunately, there’s a ton of music that was uploaded for distribution before 2019, and a rights holder must go back and grant permission for TuneCore to distribute its music.

And I will add that often there is a basic plan that include Spotify but if you want to be available in other streaming services like Qobuz the artist need to pay more.

5 Likes

@David_Craff listening to Kraftwerks Atmos release has been quite the experience, would love to see this on Qobuz. Any plans to support spatial audio?

2 Likes

Any update on ios update? Seems to be taking longer than expected if already submitted. Was there any issues holding it up?

Hi, ten days that the app is in the certification process by Apple. This is very long. We don’t know why for the moment.

Currently, this is not a priority, but we are thinking about it…

iOS update is here. Looks great!

1 Like

Hallelujah. At last :sweat_smile:

And now it seems Aurora has been conflated with a Hungarian alt pop group as well.

@David_Craff Woke up this morning and found Rammstein available to stream. Awesomeness!

1 Like

Good catch!
:metal:

1 Like

Indeed, our music team is fighting hard to get the rights. Congratulations to her.

1 Like

Is QOBUZ ever going to come to Canada ?

I’ve done this the past two weeks, and it does indeed work. There is some temporary clutter, but it’s mostly at the top so I can just scroll past, and it can be easily deleted.

The one catch is that if there is a track in the Q playlist that is on an album I’ve already downloaded, it gets deleted and I have to use “import remaining tracks” to get it back. Not the end of the world, and overall this method is worlds better than mine. Would still love to see the option to force cache it, but this is good enough for me!

1 Like

Thanks for adding Rammstein :grimacing:. I was already considering adding my CD rips to my roon library but I prefer to stream everything.

Yearly qobuz subscriber here and it’s my favourite music service by far.

Probably wouldn’t have purchased roon lifetime if not for Qobuz.

@David_Craff Have you made any progress with the scroll memory in MacOS? I know we spoke about this some time ago. Let me know if you don’t remember :slight_smile:

Behaviour not present when using the app on an iPhone or iPad. Back button remembers where you left off and won’t take you back at the top of the page.

In progress: I don’t know yet when it can be finished. We need to redo lots of code to get a good feature with every possible use case on all the applications.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply David.

Looking forward to this fix. It’s a bit of an annoyance since I use my Macbook primarily :upside_down_face:

This has to be good news for Qobuz:

2 Likes