Qobuz has album, Roon says it doesn't

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Running Roon on my desktop (Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro). Using the latest update.

Description Of Issue

There’s a new album by Mika, but it doesn’t show up in Roon. When I check Qobuz, it even has two versions:

https://play.qobuz.com/album/jhxds1wi2mvlc
https://play.qobuz.com/album/olqb2eouyna7a

I’ve tried creating a new playlist with both albums, but when I open that playlist in Roon it just says “this playlist is empty”.

I’ve restarted the app thinking it may refresh after that, but that didn’t work.

If it is very new, released within a day or two then roon may be waiting for the data feed from Qobuz. It works on a batch basis.

Hi @Grawl,

As noted in our Knowledge Base:

When you’re browsing Qobuz in Roon, you’re seeing Roon’s Qobuz database, not a direct pass through of what’s shown on Qobuz – that’s why there’s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc.

This is also why Roon can sometimes be slightly behind Qobuz when a brand new release comes out – our database is generated multiple times per week, but sometimes a new album will just barely miss the cutoff, and will show up in a day or two.

This should be showing up for you soon.

I know that what I’m about to ask for would require non-trivial engineering, but incremental index updates are the state of the art for both general and vertical search engines: there’s a constantly running pipeline that finds new arrivals into the data source, and pushes them into the index, rather than just updating every few days. It is rather disappointing to see news of releases by a favorite artist but then not find them when searching on Roon – and yet find them on the Qobuz app.

The delay is at the source end not roon. There have been multiple explanatory posts.

I don’t think this is the place to discuss how it works. I now know it’ll just have to sync at some point in the near future, so I’ll leave the songs in the playlists and see if they suddenly appear in a few days.

Qobuz had the data, as shown in their app. It may not be worth the effort and cost to Roon to work with Qobuz to reduce this new album latency from several days to minutes to make users like me happier (after all I am a lifetimer so there’s nothing more they’ll get from me except goodwill), but it is in principle possible.

I had similar problems with the multichannel files on Qobuz and my work-around was to select them as favorites in the Qobuz app. Then, in Roon, they would also appear as Qobuz favorites. Sneaky.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.