Qobuz in Canada

Just signed up for the trial. None of the Hi-Res tracks are showing in Roon as Hi-Res, only 16/44 FLAC. Is this just a database/metadata issue? Tracks play at the higher quality, just no way to see which albums are indeed Hi-Res.

1 Like

yes, the google app is offered when you sign up

Hey, @noris @danny : Qobuz is now available to Canadians. Have signed up and am connected on my Mac but unable to configure the service in Roon. Can you look into this please

Qobuz is now available in Canada.
I am now finished posting about this in the group. Hoping all my Canadian relatives signup soon. Can’t wait to hear how much they’re enjoying Qobuz.

I signed up just now, the link to the app works. Can’t install it. Says not available in your country. I suspect it’s just a matter of time to sync with google play.

Great news for those who prefer music over hockey playoffs. Also great for those who like both :wink:

1 Like

Hey @Norman_Spector and @Deano, sorry to hear you’ve had trouble getting Qobuz Canada synced. I’ve passed your report on to the Dev team.

Roon subscribers in Canada who have opted in on our emails should keep an eye on their inbox. :wink:

1 Like

Excellent, thanks. It’s working fine on my computers but can’t log in through Roon. [Message is that it’s unauthorized]

1 Like

I hope like me you’re Canadian and that’s not a cheap shot at us!

I am not. But I like both.

Now to switch my vpn’d US account when it coms for renewal. I think it may be cheaper.

Qobuz is available since today in Canada - a great news.
But I did activate my Qobuz subscription on Roon and looked for HI RES albums that I available on the QOBUZ app on my MacBook Air M2 and also on my LUMIN D2.

Is there an explanation for this?

2 Likes

I was able to register this morning in :canada: ! Hooray !

Logged into Qobuz thru Roon without issue. Was able to migrate my Tidal library to Qobuz via Soundiiz, and at first the albums didn’t appear in Roon. Logged out and into Qobuz in the Services section and all the albums synced.

It’s not perfect yet - the library albums aren’t sorting correctly and I am finding the album to indicate 16/44.1 and the signal path shows a hi-res file playback. Maybe this is a result of Qobuz defaulting to the highest bitrate file, and I’m looking at info provided by Tidal still.

I’m updating my server will be rebooting that. I’ll wait and see how things look tomorrow, and wait for the email from Roon that @jamie mentioned.

1 Like

Hey gang, I just wanted to let you know that we are looking into the bit-rate mismatch reports. We hope to have an update for you on that soon.

4 Likes

I changed my roon password thinking this might be the issue with not being able to log onto Qobuz but this did not help. Now I can’t log onto my nucleus plus core to access my library, though I am logged into both Roon here and qobuz on my computers. Big mess.

Have same problem. But happy to finally have acces to Qobuz!

I couldn’t get Roon to load Qobuz properly either. Went on the Qobuz site and changed my password…worked fine after that. Hope you can get it sorted out!

I can use Qobuz with Roon just fine, but the sample rate is displayed incorrectly by Roon. I can confirm it’s just a display issue, since my Lyngdorf amp correctly reports receiving the right sample rate.

EDIT. I see the Roon team is already looking into it. Sorry for message spam.

I’ve finally got a Qobuz :canada: account!

Now I need to decide if I start off with Studio sub which incl. “free” one month trial, or just go all out with Sublime (no trial). I know I would take advantage of buying albums and the ~60% purchase discount with Sublime would be beneficial.

I am dropping Deezer & Tidal now as well.

1 Like

If you are planning on buying albums from the Qobuz shop then go with Sublime. Otherwise Studio will do just fine. As the shop discount is the only benefit Sublime has. The rest is the same.

1 Like