Qobuz in non-supported countries

I’m living in Sweden and haven’t had any problems starting an account with a free month but when the first payment is to be made the account shuts down as my creditcard/paypal is registered in Sweden (due to streaming rights the paymentalternative needs to be from a country Qobuz have streaming rights in, that’s how they try to follow their agreements with different labels). And a paypal account (new) can’t be made in another country with a swedish or credit card. So I signed up to a pree paid creditcard that’s is not swedish, I chose Revolut, added SEK to the card from my swedish credit card and exchanged it to GBP then signed up with an IP from GB and the account was accepted by Qobuz and now payments are working. (Revolut are located in GB and are reguleted there). And I used this prepaid credit card on my holiday in Europe this summer (Denmark, Germany, France, italy and Austria, minimal exchange fees) and it worked seamless, here is a link for a free revolut card (otherwize about 60 SEK for shipping) and 200 SEK as a gift for signing up to Revolut:
https://www.revolut.com/en-SE/referral/alexanfo0s!G10D21

PS. don’t get scared by their KYC and AML processes. They are as any other financial instution and need to do these backroundchecks regulated by GB goverment (EU so far, this include passport, drivinglicense scan compared to a selfie).

1 Like