Qobuz in non-supported countries

I live in Sweden and signed up on NordVPN selected England as the place and payment with my Paypal account, has worked flawless for a couple of months now.
Each month the payment is made in £ from my Paypal but I would change that to € if it is possible as that would be less money when it converts to Swedish Kronor.

Hi @Alexander_Johnson
So you have succeeded to pay your Qobuz with another Credit card!
Can you please send a Country Fellow a PM?
So I also can do like you please!
Because now I have to pay trough iTunes and it’s almost 355 SEK or (30 £/ 37 $/ 34 €) each month :rage:!!!
Witch isn’t especially funny.

Love & Respect
String

Yes Jumbuck (great name btw), many people here and everywhere use VPNs for all sorts of reasons, and this is not in itself much of a problem. But when it comes to paying by credit card there are additional hurdles which hopefully the use of Revolut will resolve for me. Cheers.

1 Like

Paypal should work if you get stuck.

1 Like

Please come back with what you think.
Ive heard qobuz being the better option when it comes to 44.1 CD quality material.
And that is the only thing i care about. I might jump on the Qobuz train when its avalible for me.

I tested it for a while, but already had Tidal so decided to stick to Tidal for now. I could not hear any difference between 44.1 on Tidal and Qobuz, but 192khz material did sound a little better.

Thank you !

Just signed up for a free month of Qobuz from Sweden tunneling to the US. Got the web player working. No problems. But when I went in to settings-services and tried to log in to Qobuz it said “ bad username or password”. What’s wrong?

I’m also from Australia, but haven’t succeeded in subscribing to Qobuz. I’m using NordVPN and can create a Qobuz account, but it doesn’t seem to accept my payment using PayPal. When I select the payment method it appears as though it has worked properly - goes off to my PayPal account and then returns to the Qobuz web page. But when I go to “Streaming Plans” I just get the page offering a free trial. If I try to play music in the Windows app, I only get to play 30s of each song.
In contrast, if I try paying with my credit card I get a clear message stating that the card isn’t from a country that is accepted.
Does anyone have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

I don’t use Qobuz (stuck with Tidal), but I did have luck trialling a subscription from Australia (using a VPN) which they ended up charging me one month for using a Transferwise card. You could give that (or Revolut) a go.

I signed up for Qobuz about a year ago via VPN and login in Roon was without any problems. This evening I managed to log out of Qobuz in Roon and can’t log back in again. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem is highly appreciated, I have a quite sizable library that I can’t access at the moment.

Is qobuz via france still working for you from Oz? Pages keep failing with a few vpn’s i’ve tried. I can’t do anything with it. Which are you using?

I just used a VPN to sign up. After that I can stream without it. I don’t use the Qobuz app or desktop, just Roon. It’s ok for me, I was getting skips with 192kHz files this morning, but I think that’s just the joys of Australian NBN broadband on a Sunday morning. Thanks Malcolm.

Which vpn do you use? I’ve tried 2 and no luck.

Hi Magnus
you can registrer in USA. You need a VPV and you pay the bill with Paypall not your credit card.
pierre

I’ve forgotten what I was using at the time I’m afraid, I think they may have been taken over or merged as I can’t see a name that rings a bell amongst the main providers now.

I’m now using NordVPN, but I signed up to Qobuz with an earlier provider.

I think pierre has hit the nail on the head about credit cards. I used Paypal when I signed up.

Did you succeed? I have the exact same problem from here in Canada. I VPN’d to the US and tried PayPal but experienced the same behaviour as you. I then tried a credit card and received the message “Whoops, something went wrong” when submitting payment. So I wonder if there is an additional country check against the credit cards being used as they are attached to your bank. However, it seems some are having success from non-supported countries. Frustrating…

1 Like

I also live in Sweden. I did the same way but my transaction get refused all the time. I choose a standard account and a virtual card. Any ideas why I fail.

I have the same problem I can’t get it to work in Hong Kong - I use Express VPN and don’t have any trouble with other websites or services.

Same here. Live in HK . Tried registering using Express VPN with UK server. No Joy. Will try US