Qobuz integration in Roon?

Finally got code to work after multiple tries on multiple days.
I sent them email and the next day my code worked.

Now to figure out how to play thru sonic transporter/ultra rendu from mac or IOs.

Sound Quality is really excellent with all three services.
Using Hibit streaming with Qobuz or Highres is excellent, as is MQA with Tidal.
There is really no audible difference to my local files. I can not distinguish between the three providers.
It will all come down to your listening preferences.
Right now, today, I would prefer HighRes Audio, due to my personal listening preferences and price.
Sound is very good with all three. Whatever the choice there is no error to be made.

2 Likes

Is this offer in the US only? Cant seem to find any code box when using the site in the UK.

Works here in Europe too. Try this: login to Qobuz with a browser and go to your profile. You should see something like the below: (This is Qobuz France). Should be at the place of “Code-cadeau”, upper left.

3 Likes

on your computer sign in or sign up if you don’t have an account and go to “my profile”…

Have you tried mconnect (see posts 141 to 145 on this thread)

I’ved read the posts and will be going to app store…

Thanks

Cheers did not see the code bit will try it now.

Got my account signed up for the 3 months. Nice now to buy some albums.

Worked first time for me in Ireland, Society member until December, hopefully will be Integrated in Roon by then.

God the windows app is awful. Trying to use the upnp feature to my Naim Atom. Hopeless cant play more than one track and cant pause anything and then it will crash. I can use Bubbleupnp I suppose but then you get a shit interface I want to engage with it. Nice to stream hires though (when it works had a lot of errors) all you lot must be punishing their servers, SQ is nice but cant really hear much difference over Tidal yet.

You can BUY albums with the 3-month “Society” trial?

Yes. you get the sublime trial so you get its discount to, if you use the code further up the page. Not finding any bargains I want though and ones I would buy are all 44.1/24.

Finally got code to work.

Just testing sound quality on iPhone app and Qobuz sounds better than Tidal. So that’s the good news.

Bad news is just trying to play alt classics like the Cure, Depeche Mode, and Morrissey are all giving me some license restrictions and the app makes you click thru the message for each track. Very annoying. I can only assume this would be corrected when they go live for US.

First I’d rather know can’t play track ahead of time and second I would hope most basic artists are available. Didn’t even try obscure stuff.

Also the app is kind of bad. Singles and ep mixed with albums. Genre selection is too broad. Related artist get mixed in.

This won’t matter once roon integrates and offers a true mobile version. But would think mobile version is pushed back just to finish general Qobuz integration.

I assume you’re talking about Windows desktop, not Windows phone. If so, just uninstall the Windows app and download the desktop app. I never use Windows app when there is a desktop version.

It is the desktop App

Hmm not finding much hires for my tastes it’s all 44.1/24 yet they class it as hires. Not sure I would shell out full price for this service at all when I can get MQA at 96/24 for the same titles for much less.

Also there appears no way to filter for hires content, unless I am missing something,

anyone else getting gapless using upnp. I have upmpdcli installed with mpd on my Allo bridge and using mconnect or bubbleupnp as a controller cant get gapless to work and its moving on before the ends of tracks ot feels like it as no gapless.

I know have a greater hatred for upnp than ever before. Cannot get it to work consistently via any app Kazoo blows up, Bubbleupnp blows up, their own Windows desktop app blows up. Mconnect somteimes but no gapless and has login in issues. This is so dull I am really glad its free for the moment.