Qobuz Integration [Now integrated]

Danny, I find that many classical albums not identified by AMG or MusicBrainz are identified by Gracenote. Any plans to integrate Gracenote?

Bruce

1 Like

Palbratelund.

It would be a real coup if you could obtain the ECM catalog. I know that they have been resistant to streaming, but things do change.

Bruce

4 Likes

Just to get back on track, this is in fact a feature request for Qobuz support!

2 Likes

How about QOBUZ? great quality and a wide range of content that complements TIDAL. Better for classical and World. Much prefer this to the mediocre sound of Spotify

[quote=“robfol, post:13, topic:1423”]
How about QOBUZ?
[/quote]Hi there’s been quite a lot of discussion on this … type Qobuz into the forum’s search box to find it.

1 Like

Qobuz 24-Bit streaming announced:

Android only ?!?

1 Like

Android only ?!?

iOS devices can only go up to 24/48, so it’s not going to appear for Apple until iPhones/iPads appear with the relevant hardware for 24/96 etc.

I’ve heard from Qobuz that desktop 24 bit streaming is in the pipeline.

I’m pretty sure it would be available for Apple OSX, where I’m sure most people use high-res - on their home hifi systems? I wouldn’t be bothered with high-res at all when out and about on my iPhone/headphones - I doubt it would be possible to perceive a difference in that environment…

Our discussions with Qobuz have resulted in them refusing to give us the database from their library, so unlike TIDAL, the integration would be very lame.

Pretty short sighted attitude I would say - still no-one can say you didn’t try now can they.

Disappointing and shortsighted response from Qobuz. But thanks for trying.

Sorry to hear that. Another reason not to subscribe for Qobuz (I’m a happy Roon+Tidal customer).

We’ll keep trying…

2 Likes

Great to hear you guys are at least considering trying this now…

Have also added a suggestion for Roon integration over at Qobuz support - I doubt it will make a huge difference but suppose it wouldn’t hurt if more qobuz users did this too…

http://aide.qobuz.com/forums/231766-ideas-ideen-ideeën

(Search for Roon - I think you have to be logged in to qobuz to access the suggestions pages)

2 Likes

I’ve added my support of this issue at Qobuz and left a comment, think they’re short sighted if they don’t get involved with Roon

I’ve also voted up the suggestion on the Qobuz site. Would be great if as many people as possible could do the same!

Keep them coming, it shows up at the top on the trending……

I’ve only used Roon for a couple of days but can already sense I’ll be a convert.

But if Qobuz was an option I’d be in music heaven.

In fact, my dream would be that next to the ‘import to library’ button, would be a ‘buy’ button.
This would in turn offer available formats, sample rates, and prices from whatever services I’m subscribed to, and allow me to buy, download, and add to my library without ever leaving the Roon interface. I know some people don’t like a commercial aspect, but to me this is a complete music system. It could easily be configured to be ‘off’ unless you want it and then those people would never see the buying part.

In fact, while you’re at it, maybe even search a wider field for formats and prices, and compare to CD prices? Again, it could all be hidden from those that prefer not to have it.

Getting ahead of myself, Qobuz first!

3 Likes

Currently the 3rd most popular idea on Qobuz suggestions - only 6 more votes to be second on the list, and then the only thing above it would be a better search function - which Qobuz say they’re already working on anyway.

I’ve added my vote and a comment on the Qobuz site.

Could you let me have a link to this site as I would also like Qobuz integration.

Thanks.