Qobuz Integration [Now integrated]

I tend to agree. There’s a thread on the Naim forum about Qobuz vs Tidal with Audirvana. People seem to be saying SQ in Tidal is superior, but I’ve found Qobuz to sound the same or in some cases better. No question that the selection of classical music is still better in Qobuz.

+1 for Qobuz integration. I really hope this sees the light of day very soon. I am a Tidal user, mainly for lack of alternatives. I love using Roon, however the only reason I am using Tidal is because of the excellent integration.

Tidal, however, these days, really starts to suck. Unless your a Beyonce fan. According to Tidal, this week, there has been 1 new release - the rest of the ‘new releases’ are the entire Discography of Beyonce. A quick look at Spotify or Qobuz shows me a more accurate picture of new releases and greatly assists with music discovery. Recent releases by Ace Frehley, Zakk Wilde, Anouk etc. do not even rate as a ‘new release’ in Tidal - and if you don’t know they are coming, then you miss them completely.

Sorry Jay-Z, but your service is really starting to suck…

3 Likes

Still no commitment from qobuz to cooperate with roon. Therefore I cancelled my qobuz sublime subscription today…

1 Like

Completely agree and feel we need Roon to help us with the new releases in general, like last.fm do and allow us to know what the releases are across the market, rather than just on one service.

I agree too… Just one service integrated in Roon isn’t enough, especially Tidal… I really like Qobuz’ library and I hope it will be integrated in Roon soon. Not sure wether I should cancel Roon or Qobuz…

I think this will be a deal breaker for me as well. Tidal sound quality is good but I prefer the choice catalogue offered by Qobuz. If this does not change during the coming months I will likely not renew Roon membership. With Qobuz I would make the leap into lifetime membership. Over to you Roon, and Qobuz.

@Rob_de_Wolf @Easysqueezy Just curious, but what would the two of you use as an alternative to Roon? Audirvana seems to work very well with Qobuz (and Tidal), but offers no prospect of ever being able to stream to my Naim SuperUniti. Still hoping that this might be possible one day with Roon.

I think Roon’s flaw is its partnership with Tidal. The integration is good but I think Tidal is fairly limited, especially in its choice of Classical and Jazz. I think Qobuz is a far better service. I miss it. I have only paid for a years subscription. I do like Roon but it’s not worth it for me without Qobus integration. I thought this may happen It’s a personal preference. If it doesn’t , I would just go Roonless. I like it but it’s not a necessity for me. The music comes first.

Hello latest posters: please read the earlier parts of this discussion. The decision to use or not Qobuz is not in the hands of Roon. It’s in Qobuz’ hands. I (and many here and elsewhere) have been bombarding their forums with requests, and we’ve been ignored. Not a single reply! I like Qobuz and their music selection, but I’m also happy with Tidal, which keeps improving. I guess I was just spoiled by Roon’s quality of service and timely replies… Anyway, you’re barking up the wrong tree.

I wonder how Audirvana was able to integrate Qobuz and Tidal so well. Seems Qobuz is willing to working with some, just not Roon.

I’m not familiar with Audirvana but I rather doubt their Qobuz integration is as deep rooted as Roon’s Tidal integration.

1 Like

They’re exactly the same. I can browse all genres, all new releases, see all of Qobuz’s comments / descriptions, view the PDFs associated with the releases, etc. - just as I can with Tidal.

But Qobuz has a lot more of the content I’m interested in.

@jhwalker: this was also discussed a while ago in this thread… Audirvana is a mere conduit for streaming. Roon is much more than that and it requires deep digging into Qobuz software (from what I understood). It seems that Qobuz is not super keen on the idea of giving companies such as Roon access to this type of information.

I’m sure you know best.

It’s as much about selling the product as it is buying into it. If Qobuz are not interested they clearly have some ambitious plans that may challenge the Roon product. The presentation at their last conference seemed to indicate that they were looking closely at a metadata enrichment and improvement. Is this Roon or are they looking to enhance their own product themselves?

While I think it’s a good idea to have Roon offer as many streaming services as possible, I don’t see what others claim to be the big differences between Tidal and Qobuz for classical music. I looked carefully at Qobuz classical offerings, and I estimate about 90% are also offered on Tidal. For the labels I care about, BIS and Chandos, offerings on both are poor. Qobuz offers the same as Tidal for lossless. Although Qobuz offers the newer releases for these labels, they are all lossy (mp3), so this has little interest to me.

The probably with Tidal is that the search is lousy, and it is difficult to find many of these release. I wish that Tidal were more like Qobuz in terms of search – Quboz offers search by label, which Tidal sorely needs.

1 Like

I understand Qobuz is only available in 10 European countries so not much use to users in the rest of the world.

3 Likes

Qobuz tends to have better metadata for classical music (some of Tidal’s is truly appalling), but Roon overcomes most of these problems. Qobuz used to have the advantage of a £14.99 classical only subscription, but they dropped this recently for some odd reason. I must admit that over the last few months Tidal has had a good proportion of the recordings recommended on BBC 3’s Record Review.

I’m a Roon lifer so will probably stay with Tidal, but am still curious as to what people see as a viable, Qobuz friendly, alternative.

My experience is that Tidal offers about 10% of what Qobuz offers.

Take this current week, for example. Qobuz has about 40 new classical releases. Tidal has 3. And this is a typical week.

In any case, I subscribe to and enjoy both - I just wish Qobuz were available via Roon, that’s all.

2 Likes

+1 :slight_smile: Fully agree

1 Like