Qobuz Integration [Now integrated]

Don’ go by the tidal new release tab – it is useless. Many of the new classical releases are only found by search.

The problem is that the search function is terrible. Many of these releases can be found by using the conductor name, orchestra name, composer, or even title – very tedious and very hit or miss. The new releases are there, but the terrible search function makes them difficult to find. I often check the new releases of the labels I am interested in and then search my various parameters – far from ideal.

If Tidal had a search function as good as Qobuz, you would find many of these releases. I wish Tidal would get serious about improving their search function, rather than promoting the latest fight or Rihanna video.

2 Likes

Thank you for the pointer. Like you, I’ve found the search function hit-and-miss, and so had pretty much given up on it, but I’ll give it another go.

They don’t make it easy to find new releases, do they? :wink:

Searching via Roon seems to work a lot better I have found.

@steveoat87 Slightly OT, but if you like BIS do you know about eClassical’s daily download deals? Some amazing bargains, a lot of which are BIS recordings.

Yes I do and have purchased some.

However, it annoys me that classicsonline removed many of the recent BIS hi-res recordings. Tidal has none of the recent ones, even in lossless format.

But I’m afraid if you prioritise Classical and Jazz, Qobuz is way ahead in terms of quality and choice. And the Tidal search engine is poor. Qobuz is better and a lot of effort is going into making this even better over the next few months. Having previously used Qobuz there really is no comparison.

I have Qobuz mainly for Jazz. Fully agree it is much better (complete, comprehensive) compared to Tidal. I don’t see why they don’t join Roon. I think it will give them some extra sales too. And they can use some after the last years :wink:

as Tidal did…:wink:

Will Tidal be the next music streaming service to drown?

As Tidal is unsure to survive the next years, it is even more important for roon to get an alternative streaming service, integrated as well as Tidal at the moment.

Without a well integrated streaming service, roon will loose one of it’s key unique features. And we all don’t want this happening.

1 Like

I get the feeling Roon are doing all they can and it’s the streaming services that are not cooperating.

5 Likes

Hello any news concerning the qobuz integration in Roon ? It is clearly a topic that would help me to jump into Roon .

1 Like

On this question to QOBUZ support:

"Dear Qobuz Team, Currently I’m only using your download offering. If you would support roon, the sublim abo would be a no brainer. Do you have plans to cooperate with roon? Best, Martin "

I got this answer: “Hello,
Thank you for your support towards Qobuz. We are in negociation with Roon. We don’t have date to announce though. We hope to be included in the next few months.”

4 Likes

Thanks Martin. That sounds promising. :slight_smile:

Let’s all push Qobuz a bit.

Thanks Martin. Still hope !

That would be perfect!

That sounds good!

It seems that Qobuz has other plans. Look at this: Qobuz coöperation with Musimap .

I half wondered whether they might plough their own furrow but the recent email reply gave me hope that they might still merge. If Qobuz does develop this then it may possibly leave Roon behind? We’ll have to see.

Had a looksie at their site. To me it looks more like a dataprovider, granted with much more options that I have ever seen. Looks interesting, searching even by tempo and or mood. Customizable search options. Natural language search.

I think Qobuz is going to use the Musimap API and combine it with their catalogue and offer it to their subscribers. If I understand it correctly even roon could integrate with their data, it is not exclusive I think. Musimap just did all the datamining, algorithms, etc… and is rolling it out now under pingtrax.