QoBuz loading slowly and skipping tracks - yet again

Roon Core Machine

Roon Rock latest version 2.0 (1128 build)
Lenovo i5, 500GB ssd, 16GB ram
Rock is connected directly to my router via ethernet
My music collection is on a Synology NAS that is connected by ethernet to one of the Orbi satellites.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Orbi with 2 satellites.

Spectrum cable.
479Mbs down
23Mbs up

Connected Audio Devices

Several blusound speakers
Hifiberry
Mac’s.
iOS devices.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I’m getting the QoBoz is loading slowly where it then skips tracks.

I upgraded to Roon 2 hoping it would go away but it has not.

I also recently moved my ROCK to attach directly to my main Orbi router by ethernet instead of to one of the satellites.

The only thing I can think of is to move the SAN to connect to the hub Orbi but logistically that’s a problem. But since this is a QoBuz issue I’m wondering why the location of my NAS would even matter.

Any other suggestions?

Hey @Bill_Wolf,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and my apologies for the delay in follow-up. Please give your router and core a hard reboot, and the next time you run into these errors please write down the date and time, and share them here.

From there, we’ll enable diagnostics on your account and take a closer look into what might be going on.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

It seems to be working better so far. I haven’t seen the loading slowly msg. Did you change anything on your end?

1 Like

Hey @Bill_Wolf,

Thanks for letting me know! Nothing has changed on our end, so it could be something as simply as a networking hiccup.

Either way, I’m glad to hear things are running smoother for you! Happy listening :notes:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.