"Qobuz media loading slowly.."

Hello,

I’ve seen the text a lot on my screen: “Qobuz media loading slowly. This may indicate a networking or connectivity problem.”
The track I choose to play isn’t played and Roon skips to the next, in my Play Queue.

What could I do for a smoother playback performance maybe? Looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards,
Sjors

You might need to post details of your network and server setup
I’m in the UK and have been streaming Qobuz all afternoon, the first 7 Van Halen releases and they range from 96 - 192k, I have not had a single dropout, skip or pause.

Sometimes Qobuz service seems to differ between countries, using Roon I’ve always found it to be reliable.

Good luck

Thanks for sharing your experience with Roon and Qobuz.
I will have a closer look at my setup and come back with my post here, later.

I have my server (Apple Macbook) and also my Roon Ready device (Devialet Audio) connected fully wired. And as a Wifi router Fritz!Box all up to date. For optimal performance as far as I can see.

I would suggest posting in the support section, maybe your server logs can indicate the cause.
@Roon_Moderators can this be moved to the Support area please?

1 Like

Thanks. This is indeed getting a bit too much technical…

I helped the mods out and moved it

1 Like

Hello @Sjors_Ehv
Have you already tried power cycling the Fritzbox router?

If this doesn’t work, is your current setup still the same? …
No additional network equipment?

If so, would you try how it goes if you remove the Fritz!Repeater 2400 from the chain?
Just to get a clue.

If it turns out that the issue no longer exists when everything is connected directly to the router, you can think about other options:

Axel_Lesch, yes I did a power cycle on my Fritz!Box, this morning.

My current setup is all wired. From router to the server as well as from router to my streamer and Roon Ready device (Devialet audio). Also I’ve removed the Fritz!Repeater out of my network some time ago.

Thanks

I use to jump a lot between the tracks that I choose to play that I’ve put in my Queue. Maybe that’s an important thing to know.
I went to an hifi audio store one year ago, with the most advanced equipment and setup as well I believe. I’ve auditioned some nice (LINN) hifi ROON Ready speakers there that I would like to hear.
In fact I’ve noticed exactly the same as I’ve done at home, now and then. There was skipping of tracks I select to play here, as well.
Isn’t this a common thing, with ROON? Maybe it’s a bit too demanding for nowadays gear to really get it right? Or maybe I’m the only one bothering?
Looking forward to hear from you.

With kind regards,
Sjors

I can only speak for myself, it’s not the case for me .
I’m just thinking of something. Back then it was about long gaps between tracks, Roon generally scrolling slowly through the library, stalling and skipping tracks, etc. I made a screen recording at the time to show that it wasn’t the same for me.
@Sjors_Ehv
It’s enough if you watch from 3.30 minutes onwards.

https://youtu.be/5Mv8yd8FLjk?si=xO91NdpGXG3GyXsZ

That was a year ago and hasn’t gotten any worse.
18034 tracks, some DSP, multiroom with three zones simultaneously > no problem.

@Sjors_Ehv
Do you have the option to test another endpoint, not Devialet?

Axel_Lesch thank you for sharing. I’ve watched the short video and it indeed looks smooth to me. That’s good!

No, I don’t have another Roon endpoint here. Except for my iPhone, Macbook and iPad that I usually don’t listen to with Roon on.

For testing purposes, could you enable the iPad/Macbook as an endpoint in the settings and see how it goes?
Update
I have no idea if it’s related, after a quick search I found:

I have just added my iPad to a multiroom zone, 4 endpoints playing simultaneously:

Yes I could and I will.
In fact, I don’t even have multiroom zones turned On.

If everything is cabled it might be worth (if possible) to switch cat cables.

What streamer? You can just plug your ethernetcabel into the Devialet. Are you shure wifi is turned off at your streamer and Devialet.

I played for several years with a 220 pro without any problems.

Hi fietser,

What exactly does that mean: to switch cat cables?
I’m curious.

My beloved Devialet 250 Pro with Core Infinity is the streamer as well. Yes I have the ethernetcable already plugged in. And WiFi is turned Off also. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a lot, Sjors

Axel_Lesch, I’ve just tried iPad/iPhone as an endpoint and it went well. After I switched back to my Devialet endpoint and it went well as well. It went clearly better than before and I wish it will be going like it does now. Thank you very much for the feedback.

Hey @Sjors_Ehv
This is good news.

… if the problem occurs again, might it help to deactivate the Devialets as an endpoint in the Roon settings and add them again? Just an idea.

Anyway, enjoy the music! :notes:

1 Like