Qobuz My weekly Q integration

Integration of Qobuz ‘my weekly q’ would be nice under Qobuz menu entry. Are there any plans to do so?

1+ from me as well. Would like to see that feature added :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@mike As you know personalization and individual exploration is very important to users. So what is the timeline for that?

Qobuz have said it’s only available via their own app for now it’s not available for 3rd parties currently.

“+1” posts don’t sway things.

If you want to add your vote - click the Vote button at the top of the thread - that’s what counts as a vote…

OH! Just realized for the very first time the “vote” button - although using this forum for such a long time. I always was looking for a “like” button which isn’t available for the very first posting / opening thread :slight_smile:

You can upvote as much as you like it won’t change the fact Qobuz have said this is currently only available on thier own app. No partners have access to it alll, so nothing Roon can do untill they allow it as part of their APi.

+1 Still upvoting. No harm in letting Roon it would be great to see it when possible. I am really enjoying the Weekly Q’s from Qobuz. They have been hitting the spot for me better than Roon’s. Tidal’s was better as well IMHO. I no longer have Tidal. I will stick to adding them as playlists and keep hoping.

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before, but you could, while in the Qobuz app, add the Weekly Q to playlists which will in turn add to Roon playlists. Not ‘integration’, but it’s only 2 or 3 clicks.

4 Likes

What about it in the meantime?

+1
I think Quobuz weekly is better than roon mixes of the day

1 Like

Audirvana Studio integrated this Qobuz feature long ago. Why we Roon users need to wait for the integration of it?

1 Like

So years later this essential feature of Qobuz still missing. And not a single feedback from Roon.
Maybe @Suedkiez has some idea?

It’s not available in a lot of apps not just Roon. Just checked all my device apps and none show this. Not sure why your think Suedikiez would know he’s just a user like everyone else.

Only app I can find with it is JPLAY on iOS. Likely they are using a more recent api, others are not. As it’s a new app compared to others it likely started with a more recent api. Changing apis isn’t something that’s done lightly or rushed as it can change more than just adding new features and change many underlying things that can break existing integration and cause more work. Most vendors won’t change unless they really have to as it can cause more problems than it solves. Took Roon years to add Tidals My Playlists.

1 Like

Well there are apps doing as mentioned and their API etc has changed long ago. So it’s not about the number of apps out there, rather why ROON isn’t addressing this one.

Personalized Music discovery is one of the core elements of Roon - so not only in Qobuz up the Q Weekly is important but of course also in Roon.
@Suedkiez is always very well informed :blush:

Thanks for the trust but no idea. It’s also not something that I miss, I tread my own paths based on my interests and moods and no algo was ever helpful in that. (I just checked My Weekly Q, and no. Half of it is stuff I already have in my library, the other half is so-so). What would help me would be a reliable list of all new releases by artists I already chose to have, rather than an algo guessing what I should have. No idea why Roon doesn’t have that - seems simple to do.

1 Like

Well as you said it sad to see Roon isn’t providing own convincing music discovery features nor integrating ones like Q Weekly from Qobuz which is readily available.

So when you have no idea, hardly anyone will have as there is still not a single feedback from Roon.

Yeah, I don’t know why everyone tries to do AI “discovery” that barely works instead of the simple things first. Just a simple list of new releases based on all artists in my library, maybe with some limited algorithmic input (like sort my most frequent and most recent artists to the top) would be immensely helpful. The machine learning stuff doesn’t understand the “why” of my listening to some things and the “what” is just not enough to make informed choices.

It absolutely would be so easy to provide a value to customers as you mentioned! And that btw is very easy to implement too as it doesn’t involve any complicated programming.
On the other hand AI/machine learning has advanced far more on the tech side as well as more and more data points, user interactions become available.
So there would be so many possibilities - even if it‘s just purely based on a users listening history/playlist.

Still absolutely not understandable to me and others as this is by definition one of the core features of what Roon positions itself.
Even more so in view of a product to pay for.

Maybe, I just know that I have so many reasons for exploring some things on a whim or because they fit into a larger, long-term interest, but the machine learning simply doesn’t know why, and nor is it related very much to what other people do, I suppose. I recently listened quite a lot to Beyoncé and I guess this is why the Weekly Q thinks I should listen to Nelly Furtado as well. Except that MY reasons for listening to Beyoncé have very little to do with Nelly Furtado and I’m more likely to suddenly have an urge to listen to Chrome Hoof or PJ Harvey - and again the machine learning has no way to know.