Qobuz News and Correspondence [closed thread]

@pl_svn The API they provide is not enough to do deep integration… we must ingest their database in its entirety, cross-licensing-regions as well to do this right.

Otherwise you will just get a me-too integration search or lame browse interface that everyone else does – which we are not willing to do.

There are 2 major issues we have here:

1. Development time is not free, so spending it on “the wrong product” is very wasteful on moving Roon forward.
  2. A wrong implementation both hurts both the Roon product and the Roon brand.

Either we do it right, or we don’t do it. It’s not worth the substantial effort it would take to do it wrong.

Qobuz has made a public statement to bring Roon-like functionality to Qobuz in 2017. Vote with your dollars. If they bring the functionality, leave Roon. If they don’t, leave Qobuz.

We are finding more and more people leaving Qobuz, because Roon provides so much more than just streaming content: high quality local network streaming, multiple-rich-experience-remotes, DSP, etc… and we aren’t done yet.

Anyway, I’ve said all I can say on the subject.

15 Likes