Qobuz not playing correctly - Time discontinuity

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini, 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 8GB RAM
Core Roon Server v. 1.8 (build 831)

Connected Audio Devices

Linn Majik DSM, connected to the local network via a Netgear GS308 switch.

Network details

RoonCore->ethernet->Sitecom Switch->DLink DHP-600AV->Netgear GS308->ethernet->Majik DSM
The network bandwidth, measured with a speed test directly on Netgear GS308, is about 180 Mbps.

Description of Issue

When I stream tracks from Qobuz Services I experience several interruptions. In the log file I have found the following messages:

12/08 18:39:27 Warn: [songcastdirect] [Linn Majik DSM] time discontinuity. Expected 41, Got 42
12/08 18:39:31 Warn: [songcastdirect] [Linn Majik DSM] time discontinuity. Expected 44, Got 45
12/08 18:40:28 Warn: [songcastdirect] [Linn Majik DSM] time discontinuity. Expected 98, Got 100
12/08 18:40:28 Warn: [songcastdirect] [Linn Majik DSM] time discontinuity. Expected 99, Got 100
12/08 18:42:28 Warn: [songcastdirect] [Linn Majik DSM] time discontinuity. Expected 218, Got 219
… and many many more…

Notice that when I use Tidal Services everything works perfectly, either with FLAC files or with MQA files.

Thanks for your support,
Regards

Hi @Lorenzo_De_Santis

Thanks for getting in touch about this, we’re sorry to hear that you’re having difficulties with playback from Qobuz. Additionally we apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Some of your issue could be caused by the combination of switches and extenders in your set-up. Please take a look at this article from our Help Center on optimizing your network setup for Roon. A more direct ethernet connection to the endpoint could cure this for you.

Thanks.
In any case, I made some optimization to my internal network, removing the Ethernet Over Power (EoP) trunk connecting my roon server to the router. Now I have only one EoP, connecting my Linn DSM to the router. With this configuration I can reproduce standard Qobuz files (44.1 KHz, 16 bit) and high res files (96KHz, 24 bit). With (192 KHz, 24 bit) files I still experiments a lot of music dropouts. Probably, the issue is connected to the poor quality of EoP, which revents the reproduction of files at high sampling frequency.
The problem is that I cannot use a direct ethernet cable from the router to the DSM…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.