Qobuz not streaming

Core Machine (Macbook air, Roon v. 1.7 build 667 )

TEXT GOES HERE
I am using QOBuz. The connection with Roon is totally unreliable to the point where I am using the BluOs app. QoBuz will start playing a track then stop after a few seconds. Then it goes to the next track and does the same thing. Booting my Macbook and router helps solve the problem for a while. Then Roon stops playing and can’t connect with QoBuz. I can play QoBuz directly to my Bluesound node 2i, or use BluOs, with no problems whatsoever.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Xfinity Model X5001 modem/router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound node 2i

Description Of Issue

See above

Hi @GILBERT_LEVINE,

How is your MacBook connected to the network? What about the Bluesound devices?

When you’re having trouble playing to the Bluesound do you also have trouble playing Qobuz to System Output?

A post was split to a new topic: Playback issues on WiFi

Continuing the discussion from Qobuz not streaming:

I STILL AM UNABLE TO PLAY QOBUZ ON ROON. I KEEP GETTING THE MESSAGE THAT QOBUZ IS LOADING SLOWLY. EITHER THE MUSIC WON’T START OR WHEN IT DOES IT STOPS. SOMETIMES IT WILL JUMP TO THE NEXT SONG AND PAUSE, THEN CONTINUE JUMPING SO THAT ONLY A FEW SECONDS ARE PLAYED. NOW QOBUZ HAS STOPPED WORKING ON ROON ALTOGETHER.

IT’S TOO BAD. I PAID A BUNDLE FOR ROON AND IT DOESN’T WORK WITH MY MUSIC SERVICE.

Sorry for the continued trouble here, @GILBERT_LEVINE.

I previously asked this:

Can you confirm that info for us?

Thanks!

My MacBook and Bluesound Node 2i are both on the same network, a Comcast modem/router. When I try to play Qobuz through Roon I constantly get a popup message saying “Qobuz media is loading slowly, indicating a problem with connection.” I just tried playing through the System Output, MacBook speakers and it works, but will not play with the Node 2i–but still get the same popup message.

I just booted the Node 2i and got Roon to connect. Not sure how often I need to do that every time.

Hi @GILBERT_LEVINE,

Thanks for confirming that the issue only occurs on your Node 2i zone and not the System Output.

Since the audio has to traverse your network to reach the Node 2i, I suggest that we try to investigate this area.

How is your Core and Node 2i connected to the network, are you using WiFi? Can you please try to connect via Ethernet and let us know if it helps?

I’m still getting these messages about Qobuz and Roon jumping from tune to tune. My BluSound app works fine as does the Qobuz app. I only have problems with Roon. I’m trying to decide of Roon is worth renewing if it really can’t play tunes from my music service.

It’s not only qobuz and node2i.

Of late i am experiencing the same with Tidal through Roon to various endpoints. Tidal native app and device apps always play fine on the same endpoints…
Only Roon is making Tidal skip and stutter.
Add into that the ongoing Android app problems and Roon is fast losing its appeal.
The home network is fast and stable, only Roon has problems.
If this basic functionality is not fixed when my subscription is due I’ll be jumping ship. Zero point in paying for something that doesn’t work properly these days. All was good until a couple of months back, now using Roon is just a pain. Easier to just the use free apps that serve the music without the continuous problems Roon now has.

Thanks. It’s a shame Roon hasn’t lived up to the hype.

Ethernet is not an option. Roon is sadly not working anytime I try streaming Qobuz. No problem streaming from the Qobuz or BluOS apps. I won’t be renewing as Roon has been a big waste of time.

Hi @GILBERT_LEVINE ,

Can you please confirm that you are using the latest firmware on your Node? There was a BluOS firmware update earlier this month, it would be good to check to see if it has helped with the issue on your end as well.

Even as a temporary test, would you be able to connect via Ethernet? If we can pinpoint the issue to being the WiFi connection, we can better address it.

Bought a new Blusound Node streamer. Updated software. Still not able to use Roon with the Node, with messages saying connection with Qobuz is too slow. I’ve been using the native BluOS app and have no problems. It’s a shame.

Did you ever connect to wired Ethernet?
Because it sure sounds like it still might be a WiFi problem.

Can’t connect my ipad or iphone. No ethernet port on my macbook. Ethernet port not available where the node is. The router is an adjacent room. Isn’t Roon supposed to work with wifi? I don’t have problems streaming with any other app.

Roon Remotes usually work just fine on wifi as they are phones, tablets etc for the most part.
Roon Cores and Endpoints can be a different matter entirely unfortunately.
Wired Ethernet is the recommended way to go with these, of course that does not mean WiFi can’t work but it needs to be extremely robust to handle Roon.

The bandwidth usage by other apps like Qobuz or Tidal is minimal compared to the load Roon places on the network.
This is why wired is preferred especially as it’s two way and not affected by whoever or whatever else may be going on around your WiFi network.

Thanks for the explanation. I thought it was a problem for the node. I just ordered an Ethernet adapter for my MacBook, where I’m running Roon core. We’ll see!:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Great move!
Fingers crossed that resolves your problems and you can get right down to what this is all about…
Enjoying the music!

Please let us know how it goes!

Hello @GILBERT_LEVINE,

Just following up on your conversation with @AceRimmer to inquire if you’ve been able to resolve your streaming issues. From what you’ve described your problems here seem to be due to network issues.

This article from our Help Center on Best Networking Practices has a lot of great information that may help you.

We have seen users have a better experience in the past if they change their Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS. Can you please give this a try and let me know if it helps?