Qobuz not working on Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MacOS Catalina version 10.15.6
Mac Roon Version 1.7 (build 610) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ubiquiti Edge RouterX, ethernet connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB connection

Have Tidal and Qobuz. Tidal works fine. Get message: “Track not currently available in Qobuz” and “Too many failures. Stopping playback.” Qobuz works on iphone app and on computer.

Might be the same issue as described here.

Hello @Chris_Morris, are the tracks in question from a playlist? If you manually search for them, are you able to play them?

Hello Nuwrly-
The tracks that don’t play are not from a playlist. Any time I try to play a Qobuz selection I get the same message: “Track not currently available in Qobuz” and “Too many failures. Stopping playback.” I don’t have the same problem with Tidal, nor do I have any trouble playing Qobuz tracks on any other device (iPhone app, web browser, etc.)

Weird. I was having that exact same problem trying to play some newly-released tracks from Tidal tonight (I don’t have Qobuz). It has never happened before.

Any feedback on my response??

Hello @Chris_Morris, my apologies for the delayed response. Are you having any issues playing to the Qobuz app? Can you give me an example of a track you can’t play so I can test on my side?

It appears that the problem only occurs on my Rockna Wavedream Net server. The problem does not occur when I use my macbook as the core server. Have you seen this problem before with the Rockna Net server?

Hello @Chris_Morris, I found a similar thread here where the user was instructed to clear cache on the Rockna server, can you give that a try and let me know if that helps? I’d also recommend reaching out to Rockna about the issue. Let me know how it goes!

Hi nuwriy, I was able to clear the cache. It didn’t work. Tidal works fine. Qobuz does not.

Hello @Chris_Morris, with the Rockna as the server, are you able to play to system output of your remotes? Also, could you please reproduce the issue one more time and reply here with a timestamp (your local time) of when you did? I’d like to enable diagnostics for your account.

@nuwriy, Qobuz does not work on any remote device. It does work on the Qobuz website, though. I last tried to play Qobuz at 6:05p today, Wed., Nov. 11, and it didn’t work. Thanks

I think all logins seems to be messed up right now. Quboz was working for me. It not Tidal. I made the mistake of logging out of the Roon Core, now I can’t get logged in. I hope someone from support sees these messages.

Qobuz is not working with Roon for me neither.
The error is “Playback was interrupted because a file failed to load”
It was working fine 2 days ago, and the qobuz Android app works fine.
I am using Roon Server for linux.

Edit: it works now

Had the same issue here,
Qobuz not working on Roon, but working fine on the iOS App.
All good with Tidal

I changed my Core settings to Static IP and set the DNS 8.8.8.8
It works fine now

It appears there is (was) an issue with Qobuz. Remember that Roon and native streaming on streamers will use different connection endpoints than the native apps do. So it is perfectly possible that the native apps keep working while the external communication layer is down.

1 Like

Hello @Chris_Morris,
I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hello @nuwriy,
Any update after running the diagnostic on my account? I am considering cancelling Qobuz because I have not been able to use it the past two months on Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.