Qobuz outage: it fails or struggles playing via mobile App and Roon

The problem started occurring about 4-5hrs ago, and has consumed my sunday time since then. Roon suddenly is unable to play any Qobuz track with 96 or 192khz to any endpoint, even to the Rock’s onboard sound card. Lower sample rates play for a few seconds and then stutter and skip while showing Qobuz is slow. Local tracks play completely fine. My core is connected directly to my router with internet connection speed > 300Mbps. Qobuz web player plays just fine.

update: this is not exclusive to Roon. Playing anything via the Qobuz app behaves the same way. Their web player seems to work though. Anybody else experiencing this?

No problems with Qobuz at 20u30 local belgian time.
Also no problems before dinner.
Dirk

The same, everything works fine. I play Qobuz on Rose and it works flawlessly.

Regards

I am experiencing issues with Qobuz integration in Roon. Today my account was logged out and after ~4 hours of playing music (roon server → AirLens), it suddenly stopped and logged out again.

Edit: No issues with Qbouz desktop application

This became resolved by itself last night somewhere around 8-9pm and things started working again. Unfortunately, things have got broken again with the same symptoms this morning. Qobuz mobile and App and Roon stutter and skip CD quality content, and take forever to start on hires (192khz and 96khz) media. I tried contacting Qobuz customer support but haven’t heard back. It’s possible that the quality of service is degraded in specific locations and not impacting all users, so, if possible, please specify where you are based when reporting how it works for you.

Is there a Qobuz rep on this forum?

It could be your isp having issues with its dns resolution servers and not Qobuz. To rule this out try setting dns server settings on router or your cor machine to us 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 and see if this helps.

how would DNS resolution failure explain stuttering and skipping in the middle of a stream?

If it’s routing you to a further away CDN then you could get bandwidth issues. Try it and see, this helps 90% of issues with Qobuz. Qobuz app or web app don’t use the same streams as 3rd party software so are routed differently. What country are you in? But as you say could be a local cdn issue anyway.

1 Like

I switched to 8.8.8.8 on my Roon Rock core and that indeed seems to have solved the issue. Thanks for your tip. I am based in the UK fwiw.

1 Like

Who’s you isp?

freakin Virgin.

Same here, I had issues last year with it through Summer, then it all went away. I do think their service is spotty a best. No other choice here though for fibre so stuck with them. In my case DNS changes didnt help I was already using 8.8.8,8 and 1.1.1.1

1 Like

As always Qbouz support is not helpful, I wrote to them 2 days ago and I just got this reply:

“Please communicate with Roon as they manage the integration of our app into theirs!”

Here as well problems with Qobuz. Had some problems a couple of days ago. Yesterday everything was fine. Today problems again to connect to Qobuz, both via ARC and ROON.
Strangely enough Qobuz in the Auralic Lightning app works. Seems to point to an integration issue between Roon and Qobuz? :frowning:

UPDATE: shortly after posting this message, Qobuz on Auralic also went down.
In the meantime everything is working again

USA…unable to even access the main homepage at 1340 EST.

Edit: adding screenshot of qobuz.com

Qobuz is a complete mess for me right now (Germany). Loads of skipping, reporting tracks as unavailable, etc.

Roon getting unexpected errors with Qobuz for me here in the UK :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Same here - UK

1 Like

Qobuz must be down. Error 502 Bad Gateway.

And, people wonder why I have both Tidal and Qobuz. I’m using Apple Music right now, anyway. I’m liking this Apple Music app on Windows 11.

The problem is Qobuz, not Roon.

EDIT: It’s back. Wasn’t gone long.