Qobuz Price Reduction

Were you previously on an annual subscription? I am monthly and it renews at $14.99 next month.

Iā€™m guessing just in the U.S. for now Dirkā€¦ but who knows when/if it will come to Europe?

Yes, I was annual. Three months in.

Does anyone know where Amazon HD is available?

Yes, I paid $249 USD back in April. I resubscribed at the $149 USD price, and Qobuz offered subscription credit for the unused months. Cost me about $35 for five and a half additional months.

It just occurred to me that with the Qobuz price reduction, I can now afford Disney Plus ($6.99USD/mo)!

1 Like

Or, another cheeseburger with fries.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never used qobuz or Tidal before with roon and signed up for this. I had some difficulty at first with music not playing, but a restart of my computer solved that. Seems like a nice service.

Did Qobuz get their Volume Leveling act together, so to speak?

I just switched from monthly to annual and paid $144.36 for year one. Got a credit for a partial month already paid at $24.99. So, went from $24.99 to $12.50. What a great deal.

1 Like

If you donā€™t subscribe to Qobuz, now is the time. Do it before 1/31/2020 to get this price. They donā€™t say what happens after that date.

1 Like

Qobuz streaming still not available in Canada.

Nope. I just discovered this on the 2nd song of my trial. No leveling data.

Thereā€™s an easy workaround. Start an account at the US site using a VPN. Then use Paypal Canada to pay (not a credit card). It will be accepted and you can then play Qobuz in Canada or anywhere via Roon or Qobuz apps with no need for a VPN. The new lower rate makes Qobuz more attractive in Canadian dollars. I stopped my earlier subscription because it was too costly, but restarted it today at the new rate.

3 Likes

Thanks, will give it a shot.

1 Like

I just emailed their customer services to ask them - I am in the UK and have literally just within the last week cancelled my Ā£24.99 a month sub, too pricey and still some gaps in catalogue. But I would renew at Ā£149 a year. Really good deal. Will see what they say.

4 Likes

Sublime+ is $249.99 per year. The price difference with Studio is much more now.

I think Tidal is going to need to match this $14.99 price. With both Amazon HD and Qobuz at this price, I donā€™t see what Tidal has to offer to justify their higher price. I guess weā€™ll see.

Totally agree. I have cancelled with Tidal before due to the virtual inability to escape their hip-hop bias. I have found myself returning to it though due to gaps in Qobuzā€™ catalogue.

But (and no offence to hip hop fans) while I get that Jay-Z owns Tidal, I donā€™t appreciate a banner advertising him that takes up half the landing page on the iOS app like I noticed today. If I canā€™t get rid of said banner and pay Ā£19.99 monthly then I think thereā€™s a problem. Then compare offers like this and it doesnā€™t seem like they can ignore the competition.

1 Like

I have no problem with the hip-hop banner or Jay-Z. I donā€™t listen to that type of music, but Tidal has almost everything I do listen to and I like MQA on a lot of it. Sometimes, I have problems streaming Qobuz 24/192, but never have problems with Tidal MQA smaller file size.

4 Likes