Qobuz registration... lost again and again and again

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK / NUC8i3 / Serial #1C697A03FBE1

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fritz 3272 modem-router … the Fritz is one of the best available, all other equipment are connected without any problem… the NUC is connected via LAN Cat6.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Ciao,

… just to inform you that every 4 - 5 days I have to re-type in the Qobuz account password as it gets lost

is it Qobuz supplying a ■■■■■■ service or Roon that is having troubles ?
In the past I never faced the same situation but in the last month already happened not less then 4 times

thks for your kind attention
Paolo

update: something nice happened few minutes ago… my internet connection went down… then restarted… then opening the Roon interface on the tablet I got message about connection lost with a server, being impossible to reconnect the server (the WiFi was running perfectly fine with a speed of 144Mbsec) I restarted the tablet and… both Tidal and Qobuz account password were lost !
Is this something you want happen or malfunctioning situation?
Why password about services do not remain stored in memory in the Roon/NUC I have here?

the tablet is an Apple last generation

Hi @Paolo_C,

When this issue occurs, are you also prompted to re-login to your Roon account or is it just Qobuz + TIDAL?

Are you using latest firmware on router and latest Roon build (610 in Roon Settings -> About)?

Ciao Noris,

the prompt is only about Qobuz and Tidal, yes all hardware is updated… last router update is one year old and no other update are available, Rock and the tablet has been updated to the very last release every time a new release was available (“cucina” is rookie based and my main dac is connected to MA X-spdif2 connected to NUC)

Hi @Paolo_C,

Thanks for confirming that this behavior only impacts Qobuz and TIDAL.

I suggest we try to clear out your Roon TIDAL/Qobuz cache to see if this helps, I have provided instructions below:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Stop RoonServer via the Web UI
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to RoonServer/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Ciao Noris,

ok, done… I’ve renamed the folder and created e new one…

immagine

let’s see if it works… I’ll keep you updated

thks for help, have a nice day

1 Like

Ciao Noris,

nothing… it happened again… I’ve lost my Qobuz password login again, after only few hours (I’m deleting my Tidal account so I didn’t check the status)

If the internet supplier disconnect/connect the line… does that generate the trouble?

my question is: is the password stored inside the Rock configuration file? If yes why I’m continuously loosing it?

Hi @Paolo_C,

Thanks for trying the cache clear.
Since this did not resolve the issue, we will need to take a look at logs.

Can you let me know the exact local time + date you are asked to re-login?
Once I have this info I can enable diagnostics mode for your account.

Ciao Noris,

right now… it happened that roughly one hour and half ago the router restarted the ADSL connection, I was watching Netflix and it goes in standby for roughly 30 sec and then restarted

Joining now the place where I’ve my NUC running Rock the led on the usb-spdif converter is green, that means that a connection with the NUC is active… but opening the Rock interface on my tablet that is what I got … so it lost the Qobuz login psw and didn’t restart playing radio streaming (it was running before) … to run that radio station no password is required

thks for help

Hi @Paolo_C,

Can you please note the exact local time + date you see this issue occur and send me a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions? Thanks!

Ciao Noris,

I’ve checked right now and not only password but also user id has been lost in Qobuz access… in the modem-router history I can see there as been a disconnection roughly 6 hours ago, maybe that is the moment when the trouble occured

here is the link to download the zip from Dropbox (hope it works… let me know) : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9wcpc34sbrh7ihy/AAAQoSsvDF5F0xXgNSaGhpX4a?dl=0

thks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Paolo,
your fritzbox is already seven years old from 2013, maybe check out Google for
router errors caused by overload.
And/or for troubleshooting:

Ciao Axel,

thanks for help, unfortunately at that time there is almost no load, estimated time is roughly 5 am, at that time we are all sleeping… wifi is disabled during night time (till 7am) and nobody is using internet, so almost no trafic… no load… no heating… nothing

the router is also brand new as I bought it three years ago and Fritz replace it with a new one under warranty (wifi transmitter fault) rougly one month ago

imho the problem is not the router but something that happen when internet supplier disconnect/reconnect the line (that is something normal that sometimes happen)… but again… are Qobuz user and password saved inside Roon Rock? if yes the modem is, in any case, not involved… if are not saved inside Rock configuration parameters (why?) then the software should download from Roon servers when internet connection is on again… and again the modem router, imho, is not the point

All right Paolo,
but can you make sure then that you have given the right name for your FritzBox here?
This Box 3272 from 2013 has not been supplied with updates for 3 years and general support ended in January 2018.

End of Maintainance see here:

Probably not enough for your requirements.
All the best.

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_C,

Thanks for sending those logs over! I have requested QA to review the logs provided, and one of the first things they noticed is that there is an alarming amount of networking issues, more frequent than just the one-off 5AM reset you mention.

It appears you are also having issues with logging into your Roon account as well, not just TIDAL and Qobuz. When Roon tries to log into services and it fails multiple times, a side effect of this behavior can be the issue you are seeing.

My suggestion for you here would be to resolve the intermittent networking behavior you are experiencing. The simplest test would be to use another router and place the current one in “modem-only” mode.

Also, if you are able to change the DNS servers on the router to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS, that may also possibly help.

Do thank you to you and your colleagues for helping me

I will start replacing the SMPS of the router with a new one as now I’m having doubts about its reliability, in the mean time I will clean all the RJ45 connectors with a contact cleaner and treat them with Deoxidise Gold 100 to prevent oxidation and improve electrical connection… let’s see if something will change in better.
If not as second step I will add an additional router as for your suggestion

thks, Paolo

1 Like

just a small update after some days of test… the problem about internet disconnection was not from my hardware but from service supplier… after some test , and with the Fritz diagnostic open in front of me, I called the technical service of the supplier to ask them to check about possible failure in their cabinet… a technician would had to call me back to check/test all my hardware (how? It’s a mistero!)
Nobody called me… but suddenly the line is back extremely stable … and works flawlessly with my Fritz 3272 (the model, Axel, is correct)

2 Likes

Hi @Paolo_C,

If Roon started working again after the ISP call, it sounds like Fritz made some remote changes to your system, hopefully this will allow the connection to remain stable now! It sounds like the issue is resolved, so I’ll go ahead and mark this thread as solved, but if you have further issues with Roon, please just let us know, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.